Replies

• pricemegan69
    pricemegan69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Does
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    It does. Keep it slow & steady; sustainable and rewarding. It takes awhile to build new habits and find one's way but it can be done. If it's too hard, try lessening your weight loss goal/week before giving up. Never give up.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    It *does* get easier! Like what was said above don't give up and try to start habits. It may take long or at least feel that way but in the end it will be very rewarding! Check out some of the success stories, and just know as long as you stick with a healthy lifestyle, you'll be a success too!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hang in there

It does not get easy

You get stronger

You can do it !
  • pricemegan69
    Options
    Thank u guys. I know it is gonna take a long time to lose 138 it just seems so far away lol
  • AmyG71a
    AmyG71a Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One day at a time and find healthy foods within your calorie limit to keep you full. As long as I'm full I'm fine. and sometimes exercising helps me not to even feel hungry. When I let myself get hungry is when it feels tough.
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    It does. Keep it slow & steady; sustainable and rewarding. It takes awhile to build new habits and find one's way but it can be done. If it's too hard, try lessening your weight loss goal/week before giving up. Never give up.

Well said!
    Look forward to the smaller goals
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hang in there - it’s completely worth it. I’m finally close to my end-goal and I never realized just how much more amazing I’ll feel when I’m in the ballpark. I know it’s really hard sometimes, but take it slow and steady, and you will see results. For example, I’m much better at dealing with hunger now than I ever was, because I see exactly what I’ve been working for. It was more difficult when it didn’t feel like much was happening. Building new habits that will last you a lifetime and keep you healthy for yourself and your loved ones is worth it.

You can do this! Be strong, and be proud of yourself for reaching stepping stones, and for staying on track (even if you stray every now and again - it happens!) :smile: .
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Instead of looking at it as having to lose 138 lbs, start with smaller goals. For example I had a total of 155 lbs to lose. So instead of looking at that, I set my first goal to lose 45 lbs, I am only 8 lbs away from reaching that goal. My next goal after that will be to lose 50 lbs and so on. You can set your goals smaller than that, what ever you need to do so you don't get overwhelmed and discouraged. Feel free to add me if you would like. I wish you much success on your journey.
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My advice never give up stay strong :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Thank u guys. I know it is gonna take a long time to lose 138 it just seems so far away lol

Don't focus on 138 lbs to go. Give yourself small goals and celebrate reaching each of them. Before you know it, your goal weight will be within easy range. Focus on a tree (do-able), not the entire forest (daunting).
    You'll get there.
  • pricemegan69
    Options
    All of you and your words of wisdom are awesome, give me hope and feed my drive! I am close to my first goal of 10lbs. Only 2lbs. To go
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What is it you're finding hard?
  • pricemegan69
    Options
    The whole thing ive struggled my whole life food is my biggest enemy and all i want to do is eat even though i am calorie counting and dieting my brain tries to trick me...its always on my mind. It makes me feel like i need therapy
  • JanuaryBlueJay
    JanuaryBlueJay Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think it gets easier. BUT you do get stronger. It's incredible what one can achieve if they're motivated enough :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The whole thing ive struggled my whole life food is my biggest enemy and all i want to do is eat even though i am calorie counting and dieting my brain tries to trick me...its always on my mind. It makes me feel like i need therapy

Therapy sounds like a great idea.
  • pricemegan69
    Options
    I cant afford therapy
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I cant afford therapy

Maybe try some self-help books? :) I have a terrible relationship with food, and therapy would probably help immensely, but I have an anxiety disorder and just the idea of talking to a therapist is terrifying for me, even if it's affordable in my case. I've heard from many people here on MFP that self-help books can be immensely helpful in learning to deal with food issues (and other issues as well!) yourself, even if not as effective as having a professional therapist by your side. :)
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It does get easier, in a sense, because you form new habits. And because you start to see real results. Most Americans have an unhealthy relationship with food. So don't think that you are alone. Plus are you frequently hungry? You need to find the foods that keep you full while allowing you to lose weight. I personally have used the zone, and that is what works for me, in combination with a walking program. You are just at the beginning, if you have only lost 8 lbs. It takes a few weeks to gain momentum and see real results. Once you past that first 20 lb loss you will see what I mean. The first 10 especially are the hardest. Once you get in the groove the lbs literally fall off. Good luck! You can do this!
  • pricemegan69
    Options
    No im not actually hungry, but my head makes me think i am when im stressed or bored...i trt to eat more protein less fat and sugar