Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    RodaRose wrote: »
    L0vAnj wrote: »
    Its hard to stick to a low carbs and low sugar diet when your on a budget, so I need help trying to figure out something that has no carbs and sugar. Any suggestions?

Buy whole chickens or chicken dark meat like legs and thighs. Buy hamburger meat. Also eggs.
    Lots and lots of greens.

Greens and eggs don't contain carbs or sugar? That is what the OP asked

I lost a lot of weight doing a low carb diet.

I guess I am old school because my version of low carb was NET carbs (Carbs-Fiber=Net Carbs)

Green leafy vegetables ARE low in carbs due to their HIGH fiber content, such as spinach, kale, broccoli, eggplant is good also, edamame, many veggies are high fiber......avoid root,startchy/white veggies (potatoes,rice, etc....)

Eggs..... have less than one carb per egg and trace amounts of sugar???

Since when did low carb become like ALLLL MEAT and no veg???

What planet is this?

I will stick to my dated version of low carb thank you, where I ate green leafy veggies, berries, EGGS, meats, nuts, and EGGS!!!

ANd of COURSE they contain carbs and sugars but only in the smallest of amounts...if she wants zero carb and sugar foods she can go munch on some air

If OP asked about things that are LOW in carbs you would have a point. OP specifically asked about stuff with NO carbs.
    Which is meat and oil and that's pretty much it.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Its hard to stick to a low carbs and low sugar diet when your on a budget, so I need help trying to figure out something that has no carbs and sugar. Any suggestions?

Buy whole chickens or chicken dark meat like legs and thighs. Buy hamburger meat. Also eggs.
    Lots and lots of greens.

I guess I am old school because my version of low carb was NET carbs (Carbs-Fiber=Net Carbs)

Green leafy vegetables ARE low in carbs due to their HIGH fiber content, such as spinach, kale, broccoli, eggplant is good also, edamame, many veggies are high fiber......avoid root,startchy/white veggies (potatoes,rice, etc....)

What planet is this?

I will stick to my dated version of low carb thank you, where I ate green leafy veggies, berries, EGGS, meats, nuts, and EGGS!!!

ANd of COURSE they contain carbs and sugars but only in the smallest of amounts...if she wants zero carb and sugar foods she can go munch on some air

If OP asked about things that are LOW in carbs you would have a point. OP specifically asked about stuff with NO carbs.
    Which is meat and oil and that's pretty much it.

Neither of which are budget friendly, and OP clearly stated she is on a budget. Nothing met all of her requirements, so people gave suggestions for good compromises which would be appropriate to her "low carb on a budget" goal.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a comedy thread when the low carb people don't seem to know what foods contain carbs. :D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    is-butter-a-carb.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    What a confusing thread. The OP asks for no carb food and people list carb foods. Like vegetables. There is a difference between someone asking for a no carb food and low carb.

Yup.

• NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Cardboard.
    It has carbs.

Water.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Lots and lots of greens.

What planet is this?

Except she specifically asked for no carb and sugar foods...

What if that high fiber content comes from cellulose, a sugar? eek!
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Water.. just kidding. I like to watch my carbs, try no to go over a 100, but I am on a tight budget and some weeks, like this past week, we are running low on food, so bread, pasta, beans and rice it pretty much all we have. I have been up to 200 carbs on some days, with that being said I have lost 3 lbs this week. Remember you subtract your fiber from your carbs.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Someone here is inspired by Freelee... That's all I'm going to say.

homer.gif
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    OP, even low carb and keto eaters do include some carbs in the form of non-starchy veggies like leafy greens. That being said, if you want no carb foods that are affordable, think animal proteins. Look for sales on chicken. Talapia and catfish are usually pretty reasonable. Canned tuna can be really cheap. When you cook, use spices instead of sauces for flavor. Even vinegar and lemon/lime juice will have some carbs, including sugar, although at the amount you're likely to use this will be negligible.
  • chadr74
    chadr74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    eat natural plant based and these problems won't exist and you'll never have to restrict carbs, carbs are everything i wish more people knew this :(

That is a fact! Everyone should understand the importance of carbs! Low carb diets are very unhealthy!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

homer.gif

Yeaaahhhhh, I caught that one. And now there's two of them. Either Freelee or McDougall SMH. SMH.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    This is a bit of a comedy thread when the low carb people don't seem to know what foods contain carbs. :D

+1

I think fruit and legumes are my favorite carb-free foods. LOL.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

homer.gif

Yeaaahhhhh, I caught that one. And now there's two of them. Either Freelee or McDougall SMH. SMH.

I noticed it last night, but I refused to jump down the rabbit hole. :laugh:
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    isulo_kura wrote: »

+1

I think fruit and legumes are my favorite carb-free foods. LOL.

Doughnuts. They're my favorite carb free food. :mrgreen:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Air?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Zero noodles, meat, fish, oils