loss this week but..

Options
Hi everyone, I lost 2.5lbs this week however my calories haven't gone down, is this normal?

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    MFP will only prompt you to adjust your calories if you haven't changed them within ten pounds. If you want to do it now, you have to go to the diary settings page.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Surely though the calories for losing 1.5 a week should automatically go down as you lose weight??
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Unless you started out at 1200 calories. That's the lowest MFP will do. How many times have you been losing 1.5 lbs. a week?
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    This is my first week of monitering cals, but I was under the impression it changes weekly??
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MFP dropped my calories every 5 kg ... until I started manually adjusting my calories. Now it just gives me a message that I've lost 5 kg and need to adjust my calories.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Surely though the calories for losing 1.5 a week should automatically go down as you lose weight??

Why would you think that?

• leahcollett1
    Options
    Cus I was a member of weight loss resources which is basically the same as this, and as you lost every week the calories reduced also, only by about 10 cals per pound but it went down so I automatically thought this would be the same x
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Yes, physically, the calorie requirement goes down as you lose. MFP doesn't adjust for each pound. It prompts you every 10 pounds. If you want to adjust the calories manually, you can do so by changing your activity level and then changing it back, for example. That will cause MFP to recalculate using your actual weight.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    What are your calories set at now?
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    This is my first week of monitering cals, but I was under the impression it changes weekly??

Okay, one week. Come back in four weeks and let us know the results.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Ta that's all I needed to know, I'll adjust when it prompts, I'm at 1.5 loss at minute
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My calories seem to go down each time I lose. I have never been asked or reminded to lower?! :neutral:
  • greatham82
    greatham82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MFP changed mine once (from 1360 down to 1200). Am set for 2lb/week, and was losing 2.5 - 3lb/wk at higher calorie level. Didn't make sense to further limit my calories to the base level of 1200 when 1360 was bringing great results, so I manually adjusted it to 1360, and continue to lose avg of 2lb/wo.