Is Working Out Working?

caitlin15
caitlin15 Posts: 28
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey Everyone!

I began Jillian Michael's workout called 30 Day Shred for the past couple of days. The day after my first work out with her, I was very sore. Yesterday was my fourth work out day with her, today I'm a little sore but not too much, is that bad? Am I just used to the workout? Is this normal? I did the exercise to the best of my ability and was blood red and sweating like a pig afterwards so I wasn't being lazy.

So, I need advice, should I move on to Phase 2? I'm scared if I don't I won't lose as much weight even though I'm getting an awesome cardio workout with Phase 1.

:D

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    Completely normal, the more I worked out to the 30 day shred the better I felt. I didn’t do it every day for 30 days. I’m only using it about 3 times a week in addition to other workouts. I’m only on level 2 – I don’t think I’m ready to move up to 3 yet. My advice is to work at your own pace. Trust me, you will still get a killer work out on the next level.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    I have not tried the 30 day shred, but i did do the biggest loser cardio max dvd.. My body felt the same way, very sore at first until i started getting used to it. I moved up to level 2 after about 2 weeks of level 1.. I did the same thing for level 3.. just waited about two weeks. I felt like I needed something more.. If you feel like you need more then go to level 2.. Listen to your body.. And yes, working out works :)
This discussion has been closed.