Ideally would like to shred 41kilos, 90lbs, 6 stone.

Options
tamatoa03
tamatoa03 Posts: 4 Member
12 months is what I am respectively looking at. I have hired a Personal Trainer, joined a gym. Need to control my dietary requirements and FOCUS! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH ME! Good luck to all you humans out there.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, focus on the food intake and enjoy exercise.
  • tamatoa03
    Options
    Appreciate the sentiments. Yes I agree that food and I need to re-established a healthier relationship! Hope you are going great guns with your goals. Cheers!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    This is the same as my goal exactly lol. 41 Kg in about 12 months.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Unless you're starting out _very_ obese, like say 100+ lb overweight, losing 90 lb in 12 months is
    not a realistic or healthy goal.
    I started out 100 lb over the top end of a healthy BMI and it took me 15 months to lose 80 lb.
    Aiming for at least another 30 lb, and it's frustrating adjusting.
    As you get closer to a healthy weight, weight loss slows.

And you're not going to control your dietary requirements. They just are.
    Focus on controlling calories in, make better choices about how to spend your available calories
    so you get the most nutrition & satisfaction from them.
    Find exercises you enjoy & keep at them.

Go read sexypants (use the search function, or look at the newbie help post in my blog, which has
    even more helpful info links).
  • tamatoa03
    Options

Thanks for the tips
  • tamatoa03
    Options
    Mycophilia! I am glad that we have the goal. keep me posted on your progress. Cheers!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    tamatoa03 wrote: »
    Mycophilia! I am glad that we have the goal. keep me posted on your progress. Cheers!

I started 7 months ago and I've lost 22,6kg so far. My average loss is about 0,75kg/week. My advice would be to do some weightlifting and focus on staying consistent with your calories.