Ladies, where do you get your workout clothes?

Options
Hey all,

Where do you get your workout clothes? A lot of my leggings sag in the crotch area or are too short (I'm 6 feet tall). For sports bras too where do you find ones that have good support that don't dig in? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx. I like RBX or lululemon pants. Bra doesn't matter since I don't have boobs. I can wear those workout tanks with a "bra" built in.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I've bought all of my yoga pants from Sam's Club. Love them.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I go for the DanskinNow at Walmart, but I'm only 5'3". The XS usually fits, but sometimes the leggings are big or the chest area of tops is too small. It's ok for the tops, b/c I can get a S if the XS is too tight, but the pants don't come any smaller and some don't even come in XS. As for sport bras, I usually get Fruit of the Loom 3pks, sometimes the cheaper, thinner Danskin ones when they have them. I'm very small-chested(32" chest)
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Love TJ Maxx as well for the RBX and 90 degree by Reflex. Another fave is Old Navy. Love their capris (the non-see thru ones).
  • arditarose
    Options
    Love TJ Maxx as well for the RBX and 90 degree by Reflex. Another fave is Old Navy. Love their capris (the non-see thru ones).

I love the waist bands on RBX. They are so slimming. 90 degree didn't last me as long between weights and run a bit big, but that's not always a bad thing.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    ^^ Yes - excellent waistbands and cute prints too! I like the 90 deg. for me because my hips fit in them better than some others. I even got several pant pairs to sleep in during the colder months!
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I find that Target always seems to have a decent selection and I normally dig through their clearance stuff first.
  • arditarose
    Options
    ^^ Yes - excellent waistbands and cute prints too! I like the 90 deg. for me because my hips fit in them better than some others. I even got several pant pairs to sleep in during the colder months!

Yep! And they both have a pair of gray "textured" leggings that completely hide cellulite. At 163 with 44 inch hips, they were definitely my friends.
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I wear T-shirts and scrub pants. Light, inexpensive, don't bind. :)
    FWIW, so far I'm just walking.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx and Marshall's are great places to start...some stores have a better selection than others, and it does vary by season...but if you hit at the right time it's like striking gold (my local Marshall's recently got a bunch of Athleta merchandise). I also like Old Navy's active line (most of there bottoms come in tall and petite sizes as well). Right now my favorite bottoms are from Gap. Target has a pretty good selection too. I just can't bring myself to spend the money at Lululemon...but I have gotten a few pieces on sale at the similarly priced Athleta (LOVE Athleta's swimwear)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I work at Meijer and I just buy them there. Our own brand for tops, Spalding pants...though we do sell RBX, so maybe I'll have to try them out.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Old Navy makes tall length leggings.
    I highly suggest them since you're 6ft
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    For bottoms, Lululemon hands down: nothing has lasted as well, felt as comfortable, or was as flattering (for me). For tops, I really like the GapFit t-shirts. They’re soft and lightweight and wash really well. For bras, I also like Lulu, but it doesn’t much matter as I have no boobs to speak of.

We don’t have this RBX business here in Canada (that I know of)...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Pants/T-shirts : Marshalls, Walmart, Jcpenny

Sports Bras : Amazon (shock absorber or La Ilsa brand) **

**My bra size is hard to find. Although I think I am now finally small enough to shop at VS.
  • MeganKyGirl82
    MeganKyGirl82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Most of my favorites came from Target. When I first started working out I bought some yoga gear from Victorias Secret. They didn't hold up. In fact the ones I picked up at Walmart lasted longer. I even found a couple of decent sports bras at Target as well.
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Lululemon, Nike, Altheta, and a local high-end dance wear shop. It's always better to pay more for quality that feels better and lasts longer.
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was in Nordstrom rack today and they had great stuff. A lot of Zella
  • arditarose
    Options
    I was in Nordstrom rack today and they had great stuff. A lot of Zella

I always forget to go there! I don't think I've ever actually bought anything there though. I always leave sad :(
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I get my stuff from Old Navy and Walmart. Inexpensive, comfortable, and last a while (at least my clothes have).