My first Success!!!

Options
VeraJMali
VeraJMali Posts: 32 Member
As of this morning, two weeks into my mfp logging, I've lost my first 5 pounds!! Not a big deal to most I know but in the past two years I've never stuck with anything long enough to lose more than 2 or 3 pounds. First time in my life I've ever teared up on the scale for a good reason!!

Replies

• deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Great work! May this be the start of many more to come.
  • sandraalderson253
    sandraalderson253 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is so me! I need to do what you did. I do love love MFP. It is really fun. I have it synced with my Fitbit so it gives me extra calories when I exercise
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Welcome and well done! :-)
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well done, great start
  • VeraJMali
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first of many small and large victories!
  • Sunshine1337
    Sunshine1337 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The first step is the most important and it will reward you along your journey. I started in Jan this year and I'm down 37 lbs. Surround yourself with positive people, plan your meals ahead of time & keep track of all calories. You will amaze yourself! I have far to go (about 70 more) but I'm only looking at 5 lbs at a time. Remember you are not alone. Keep yourself excited about this journey
  • VeraJMali
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I kind of went off the tracks a little with my calories and logging this weekend, it was my birthday. But back on track today!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    5 lbs is a big deal. At least it means you're doing it right :)
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!
  • faithstimenow
    faithstimenow Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great! Can't wait to hit that mile stone myself.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You don't have to be exceptional or do anything exceptional for this to work. You have already proved you are capable of losing weight. Just have a plan. Good luck.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great start. Congratulations!!
  • nobryant03
    nobryant03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's awesome!!! I'm in the same boat. I will be on day 14 tomorrow and I can understand how exciting it is!!! It's a small victory to some but to us it means the world.
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you! I know the feeling of not being able to hang in there, and starting over and over... Great job! You got this!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    This is a BIG deal! Don't downplay your achievements! Every pound lost should be celebrated!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Well done you! I'm with you on the not-lasting-more-than-2-pounds thing. Before this I started a MILLION times. You can definitely stick with it! The successes along the way will just keep you coming back for more :)
  • epd17
    epd17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It's a great feeling to see the numbers go down on the scale. Keep up the great work!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!