Losing Baby weight

Options
Hi everyone, I'm back after almost a year off, I had my baby girl 4 months ago and we are exclusively Breastfeeding. I really need to get this baby weight off without reducing my milk supply. I'm still up about 17 pounds pre-pregnancy weight, but would like to lose about 30-35lb total to get to where I feel the most comfortable! Anyone else trying to lose the baby weight?

Replies

• leahmarie367
    leahmarie367 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my second about ten months ago and finally think I have time and focus to get these pregnancy pounds off did you use this before baby?
  • LisaMS83
    LisaMS83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did use Fitness pal before I was pregnant and it helped me lose 30 lbs I went from 169 to 139, then when I went to the doctor at 8 weeks pregnant I was 142. two days before I gave birth I was 184 ( I have an 8lb 7oz baby!) and now I'm at 159. My goal is to get to 125. I need to start exercising again, and watching what I eat!
  • pecantangoddess
    pecantangoddess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im post baby 16 Months. Sad... I know. I started pre baby at 184 and now im 222. I cant wait to start working out. Time is just a big factor. :s
  • scarredqueen
    scarredqueen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Two months post partum here. Gained 60ish pounds while pregnant. Lost a few since I've started using MFP again, but I've got a lot left to lose.
    I am back in the gym 2-3 times a week, counting my calories every day, and just ordered a fit bit to help motivate me more.
    I'd love more friends on here so we can cheer each other on! Add me, new moms! :smiley:
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    18 months pp here. Nursing while trying to lose weight was extremely difficult. Any time iwould cut my calories more my milk supply would go down. It was awful. I honestly couldn't lose until after I was done nursing.
  • perlita8
    perlita8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm six months pp and just recently began working out consistently again. I'm about seven lbs away from my pre-preg weight. I'm not cutting calories and I've been eating whenever I'm hungry. These last few pounds can go now! I'm really hoping to just lose some of the jiggle I acquired while pregnant. :) good luck to all of you!
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am 2 months pp with my second. Before baby 2 I lost 40 lbs, than gained 30 during pregnancy. 20 of that 30 stuck around
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Would like to lose 30 to get below pre pregnancy weight. Would love moms as new friends for motivation and to help motivate them in their journey!!!
  • italianbabe7898
    italianbabe7898 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey just had my 2nd child on 4/22/15 also looking to loose around 40+pounds. We can do it ladies!! Add me if you want
  • sw6709
    sw6709 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Currently 9 weeks postpartum with an amazing little boy! I'm also breastfeeding exclusively and I had trouble figuring out how many calories I needed to maintain. In turn I have lost 38 lbs since having my LO and am only 3lbs away from my prepregnancy weight of 135 with no exercise other than a few walks a week. I have since figure out my maintenance calories including breastfeeding and am eating closer to it to slow the weight loss. I can't wait to get back into my exercise routine, lose some fat and build some muscle!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    My second baby turns 1 in a few days and I'm now 1.5 kgs below the weight I was at when I fell pregnant with her older sister. Im pretty stoked, and plan to keep going another 4-5kg if I can.

http://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothers-diet/mom-calories-fluids/ Is a good resource re breastfeeding and calorie counting. I aim for 1700 I'm still feeding my youngest, which kinda works out to 1400 plus 300 for the milk. I also walk a lot (taking them to parks and libraries and play centres Etc) as well as going to a gym with a crèche a few times a week.

I feel so much more energised and happier since I dropped the extra weight - but I did start off too hard (1500) and both me and my milk supply suffered. I'd advise start slow and reduce if necessary.
  • sjaunte
    sjaunte Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5 months pp and down 50 pounds. I am back to my prepregnancy weight but want to loose 20 pounds. I am looking for motivation!!!!
  • drbeautiful09
    drbeautiful09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I definitely am in the same position except my baby is 10 months. Breast feeding is great but to keeps up while keeping your weight down is a balancing act in itself.
  • ds6099
    ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 12 weeks pp twins :) I have 15 lbs to lose and rejoined mfp this week.
  • amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    10 weeks PP and a few pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight but I still have 20-25 pounds to lose to be at a healthy weight.
  • Bjoyz
    Bjoyz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 3.5 months pp and am really struggling to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy. I need more support than I want to admit to! I probably need to lose 60 pounds to get back to a comfortable weight (30 to get back to pre-pregnancy weight). Sadly, breastfeeding isn't helping much! Anyone else have that problem?
  • lellielulu
    lellielulu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my 3rd baby Friday and want to lose all my baby weight (29 pounds) in 12 weeks.
  • GriseldaAltamirano
    GriseldaAltamirano Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 months pp and feel like I'm at a plateau I was 115 before pregnancy ..I hope to get there again. How did you use this app to lose weight before? I'm sti struggling to figure out how exactly to use it :neutral:
  • SingingPilgrim
    SingingPilgrim Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 13 months post partum and am just feeling motivated again. I was actively losing weight when I surprise conceived. Right now I'm 6 pounds heavier than when I actually conceived, but 15 pounds heavier than when I found out I was pregnant. I actually lost all the baby weight in the first 6 weeks after birth, but then around 3-4 months post partum I just started gaining like crazy and since I was exclusively breastfeeding didn't want to risk losing my supply. Sigh. But now I'm suddenly jazzed up to eat well and exercise again and hope I can get back down and continue to lose. I still had a lot of weight to lose when I got pregnant, so I have a little less than a hundred pounds to go to my goal weight still.
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 8 weeks post p and got about 35lbs to lose (2nd child - not bf). I started up last week in running, I'm also doing 30ds and 30 day squat challenge. I've had decent results already when I compared last week pic's to today pic's :). I'm not weighing myself so not sure how much I weigh now but I was 175lb last week when i started, I'm aiming for 140lbs (I'm 5ft 6).

Best of luck to all you other mummy's xxx