Paid verison of app, is it worth it?

Options
So im on day 8 of using MFP, im getting a food scale next week people have told me it will do wonders, but im wondering if anyone has the the paid version of this app and if it is worth it? If so what makes it better then the free version? Im considering getting it as im very serious about my weight loss and slowly have been seeing progress.

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on the person. For someone like me I can't really see it being too useful since I have taken numerous nutrition classes and am comfortably analyzing my diet on my own. However, if you aren't as familiar than it could definitely be worth looking into! Just remember, paying for an improved version will give you suggestions on how to improve your diet, it's still up to you to make these changes and it may not help you lose any faster. True change will have to come from the inside, you can't always pay for it.
    But definitely try it out for a month and see what you think - no need to pay for a full year or anything before you're certain!
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The only thing I use the app for is to track my calories and that's free of charge. For anything else I just do some research because that's also free.
    Just really dislike spending money on stuff like this but that's just me. :neutral:
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    a lot of people have lost a lot of weight on mfp before they started charging for premium
  • imdanshort
    imdanshort Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How do you even upgrade :/