Cheat day or strict 24/7 diet??

Options
13»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I find the "cheating" mentality to be detrimental to my progress, but I do understand the appeal for others. Personally if I even imply to myself that I'm being a "bad girl" I start spiraling out of control because the rebel in me enjoys it too much. It needs to feel like just like any other day of eating food for dieting to work for me.

I usually do random deficit where I just eat whatever I feel like under maintenance and let my deficit fall where it may ranging from 0 to 1500. Sometimes I control it with a weekly budget or with quick fast days, other times I don't. Sometimes I plan modest gains where I allow myself to gain a certain amount of weight, mainly on holidays. I see no reason to rush it, so why restrict myself or ride pre-planned caloric roller coasters?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    hit your calorie targets all the while enjoying foods that you...well...enjoy. it's really friggin' easy
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    What's a cheat day? I eat what I want, when I want, and how much I want.

I hate the word cheat, that makes it seem like you are doing something wrong or cheating yourself.

You know if you do fasting like I do then you don't need to worry about cheat days, strict daily allowances.......
  • dorothy2512
    dorothy2512 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I try. It to cheat as such - but if I'm going somewhere special or I really want to eat something, I will - but I work my calories out per week, and not just day to day, so if I want something to eat say for 700 calories, I knock 100 calories off each day, then I get to eat what I want, and by knocking them off each day, doesn't feel like I've spoilt my calorie allowance each day. Good luck
  • bstover217
    bstover217 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I generally have one "cheat" meal of food I wouldn't normally easy about once a week. I generally try to fit it into my calorie goal though. It's easier for me though because I can eat 2400 calories a day and still lose 2 lb a month :/