YUM- 197 Calorie Quesadilla (with cheese!)

Options
tet86962
tet86962 Posts: 25 Member
YUM! I have been craving a cheese quesadilla. Not exactly on my low-calorie list right now! I went to the kitchen on a mission to create a lunch-worthy quesadilla that would satisfy my cravings, and viola! This yummy spinach quesadilla clocks in at only 197 calories and is sure to make you question your next Taco Bell craving!

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup spinach
1 cup onion
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 sourdough wrap (Let's Skip the Sandwich)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Dice up your onion and get it in your pan. You want to cook it until its caramelized and slightly brown.
2. While onion is cooking, prepare the quesadilla. Evenly spread spinach and cheese on your wrap.
3. When onions are thoroughly caramelized, place right on top of your quesadilla.
4. Spray the bottom of you cooking sheet with some nonstick spray, and place the entire quesadilla in the pan. Put the lid on and let it work its magic! (3-5 minutes on low heat)
5. Slide the quesadilla out of the pan, fold in half and cut into pieces and enjoy!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty good. Never seen that brand of wraps though.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is using the brand "Tumaros". They have low calorie wraps, and there tag line is "let's skip the sandwich". Thier tortillas taste good and are large compared to the calories they contain.

This recipe looks great! I used to make quesadillas using these tortillas, though I usually use shredded cheddar with peppers, onions, and taco seasoning. Add a little bit of sour cream and salsa on the side...yum! Thanks for reminding me about this. I haven't had a quesadilla in a long time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    NaurielR wrote: »
    I think the OP is using the brand "Tumaros". They have low calorie wraps, and there tag line is "let's skip the sandwich". Thier tortillas taste good and are large compared to the calories they contain.

This recipe looks great! I used to make quesadillas using these tortillas, though I usually use shredded cheddar with peppers, onions, and taco seasoning. Add a little bit of sour cream and salsa on the side...yum! Thanks for reminding me about this. I haven't had a quesadilla in a long time.

Now I want to find those tortillas and weigh them to make sure they're actually as low calories as they claim, lol!
  • tet86962
    tet86962 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    They're delicious- enjoy ladies!