Liquid logging

Options
i consume a lot of liquids throughout the day but don't log them under the "water" section because they're not water (even if water is the first ingredient). I log it as a snack because the drinks contain calories. My husband said I should log it as both---as water and a snack, to show that I am hydrating my body but am still logging my calories. What do you guys think?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It depends.

If it's something like water with a little juice in it, then I count it as a snack and add it to my water.

If it's something with caffeine, it only goes in snacks because caffeine has a diuretic effect. Certain juices also have a diuretic effect.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't track water. I know I drink enough. I'm on my third bottle today and I woke up at 12.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to track water unless you tend to be dehydrated and reeeeeeeally need to make sure you get enough. Coffee counts as water and the caffeine has very little effect on hydration, so file that under "old wives' tale." As far as drinks with calories, log them wherever, as long as it's in the food log. If it's not at meal time, put it under snacks. If it's with a meal, you can put it with that meal. If you want, you can go onto the website and create a new meal called "beverages."
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    I log it as a snack because the drinks contain calories.

I don't log my water. I know whether or not I'm consuming enough water.

I don't drink my calories. But if you do, then yes, log them as a snack.

• ariel_rariden
    ariel_rariden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)