Good Protein Shake?

Options
Hi!
I need help. Does anyone know of a good Protein Shake that doesn't leave a nasty after taste? Or any great shake recipes? I'm just wasting my money because I would purchase one and hate the taste and and trash it. Lol I'm balling up my money and throwing it in the trash can basically. All tips will greatly be appreciated.

Have a lovely day :)

Replies

• br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    1-2 cups pain yogurt and any fruit or berry. I use frozen mango,rasberry,blackberry or strawberry and blueberry but you can have any fruit. The protein is in the yogurt and has probotics u need
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you want sweet add splenda or honey
  • alekth
    alekth Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My favourite tastes are those in the PhD protein shakes.
    However, if you simply can't find anything you like, you can just get plain protein powder and add your own taste by mixing in fruit/coffee(already brewed)/flavoured milk/peanut butter/cinnamon etc.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Quest chocolate protein powder tastes like a chocolate milkshake :+1:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Try doing a search - there's hundreds of protein powder threads with recommendations and suggestions for all sorts of protein
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    GNC often has free samples

The one near me is always giving away pre and post workout drinks

I like Gold Standard and Muscle Milk.

Yogurt helps and a big shot of sugar free cool whip too!

But I have never found one that takes like a Dairy Queen Flurry, no matter how many lies they put on the jug about tasting awesome.

The GNC ripped shakes are great for pre workout, but yeah... Kinda like chunks of Shake won't dissolve even in one of those shakers with the big plastic jack in them.

I had one this morning. Tasted kind of crappy but I had a great workout so what ya gonna do?
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Quest chocolate protein powder tastes like a chocolate milkshake :+1:

I like the bars

Ok

I'll bite

The honey bun quest bar is pretty good

• RedDiamond37
    RedDiamond37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eas 100% whey chocolate taste like a milk shake (when made with milk) no Nasty aftertaste.
  • jenniferdenkinger
    jenniferdenkinger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love dannon okeos triple zero strawberry yogurt with a banana and orange juice! So yummy! Protein from yogurt potassium from banana and vitamin c from oj
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    EAS is good, but the best I've tried is Pure Protein (http://www.pureprotein.com/)
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk and Gold Standard do have aftertaste.
  • kerrynlouise96
    kerrynlouise96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BNRG protowhey cookies & cream flavour is amazing... Im guessing their other flavours would be pretty decent. Aside the taste, theyre also a really good quality protein :)
  • nickynuhi2015
    nickynuhi2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Protein powder,banana,frozen berries and milk :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Trutein. It's worth the money and it tastes amazing. My favorite: Mocha Caramel. mmmmm <3
  • keniaclimaco5
    keniaclimaco5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My favorite is ISOPURE LOW CARB DUTCH CHOCOLATE. it's 100 calories for 1 scoop, 3 grams of carbs, zero sugar, and 25 grams of protein!!! It's awesome. Taste delicious. It even taste good when i mix it into water (less calories) and that's RARE for a protein to taste decent in water.
  • Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    EAS AdvantEDGE carb control shake, Rich Dark Chocolate flavor. They actually taste really good!! 17g protein, 2 net carbs, and 110 calories. I know Target and Amazon have them.
    I'm not big on the Milk Chocolate flavor; Rich Dark Chocolate is the way to go!
    I bought some protein powder, but I think it's pretty nasty just mixed with milk.
    The EAS shakes are soooo much better!! Yum
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My favorite were always the Unjury shakes. Medical supply companies have them or www.Unjury.com
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Whey powder is great. They only use grass fed cows for it. The chocolate and vanilla flavored are great. I use with almond milk, a frozen banana, a handful of spinach and sometimes almond butter.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like EAS lean protein mix and Premier protein shakes as that are both good tasting and very low carb. I think the premier is net 2 carbs
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Everyone recommends the absolute worst tasting shakes on here... shaking my head