Cheat day?

Options
hello everyone, i just using this app! Last year dropped 42 lbs without it, gained 10 back over the year so decided to give it a whirl. Question, those of you that allow a cheat day, do you track those calories? Or call the day a write off?

Replies

• billymcd
    billymcd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Track em....cos it only makes you feel guilty later on and work that bit harder to compensate.... :)
  • caitlyntoo
    caitlyntoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do a cheat day and usually track the calories because I'm working on keeping myself honest, but once in awhile I don't because I just need a break from tracking and paying attention. Recently, I ended up with a few cheat weeks, but I've gotten so much more awareness of what I'm eating on a day to day basis that I was still mentally kind of tracking and ended up so that I stayed the same weight rather than gaining. I think that part of that has been tracking the cheat day calories so that I am just as aware of how much the "guilty pleasure" foods are as I am of my healthier options and it helped me not go too far overboard even while I wasn't actively tracking.
  • sharle23
    sharle23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I allow myself 3000 calories on cheat days. So yes, I track them.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh boy, you're gonna get a lot of people telling you how horrible it is to do it, but the fact remains that I lost 61 pounds (Previous journey) doing a weekly cheat day. I gained some of it back because I went off the wagon. Every day became a cheat day.Just stay below your maintenance calorie limit for that day. And yes I log it if I can.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Cheat day is for pizza! YAY!
  • t_t_i_m_i
    t_t_i_m_i Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always track cheat days. I also tend to eat about 200 calories less the week before and the week after, so I plan around it as well. I only do them once a month, but I hit around 3000 calories of food and booze on those days. That's just over by about 400 on my TDEE.
  • mirlredmann
    mirlredmann Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't have a designated "cheat day", however, I do have certain days, when dining out, traveling etc. on which I heavily exceed my calorie goal. I don't "save calories" in advance or as an afterthought to those days, so maybe it is ultimately a concept close to a "cheat day". Tracking those days as well brings me back on track pretty soon though - just by being aware of what I have been consuming. I would advise tracking your regular "cheat day" as well. You can then always go back to the numbers if your progress stalls, also over time you might realize you are making better choices even on a "cheat day". Honestly, the idea of not tracking one day per week for me would feel like cheating on myself and my progress.
  • caitlyntoo
    caitlyntoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, you're gonna get a lot of people telling you how horrible it is to do it, but the fact remains that I lost 61 pounds (Previous journey) doing a weekly cheat day.

I've lost 60 so far, and I wouldn't have made it that far without the cheat day.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    caitlyntoo wrote: »
    Oh boy, you're gonna get a lot of people telling you how horrible it is to do it, but the fact remains that I lost 61 pounds (Previous journey) doing a weekly cheat day.

I've lost 60 so far, and I wouldn't have made it that far without the cheat day.

Great job!! Keep up the good work!