Hard work but no weight lost?

Replies

• naomibashala
    naomibashala Posts: 48 Member
    @jennifer_417 what kind of information must I give?. Need help here!!!!....
  • ImportedRose
    ImportedRose Posts: 9 Member
    Remember to be kind to yourself. Go to the mirror, look straight into your eyes and repeat after me "I deserve to be the weight that is healthy for me. I love you for doing your best! Remember the successes and keep moving forward...... You are awesome and I LOVEYou!"

We tend to compliment ourselves when the scale moves to a lower number, but remember, you are making your body let go of the fat that it's become accustomed to. It needs time to recognize that you are NOT trying to kill it or starve it. When you are disappointed at not losing weight, and on top of it you send an angry message to your body/self...it's like yelling at your very best friend because she feels she has not succeeded. Would you yell at that best friend, degrade her, focus on all her setbacks? I don't think so....you would remind her of the good. So do the same for that beautiful YOU.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    @jennifer_417 what kind of information must I give?. Need help here!!!!....

Sorry, I wrote that without reading all the responses. I see that you did give additional info.

I will agree with others that your goal is too aggressive. There's no reason to set such an unreasonable time goal. Why not just create a reasonable calorie deficit and lose it the healthy way?
  • Shandajh
    Shandajh Posts: 57 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm aiming for a BMI of 18.9, which already, most people think is too skinny - well my family anyway - that's 5'4" at 110 lbs and I'm eating 1230 calories a day to get there, as I'm at 123 right now. The MFP calculator says 18.9 is close to the border of being underweight but it's still in the healthy range. @naomibashala is going for a BMI of 17.2, which is showing on the border of being underweight and not in the healthy range. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmi-calculator - that's where you go to calculate it. By the way, new laws in Israel actually ban models with a body mass index below 18.5 from the runway.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    @aggelikik my goal is realistic and just need to work out a lot and eat very healthy..... Loosing 8kg in 2 months is possible

No it isnt, you do not understand about weight loss and aggeliklik is correcct.

1. 8kg would be just over 2lbs a week, which is possible form some, but highly unlikely . You currently have a BMI of 19.4 which is on the low side of normal. As it becomes harder the less you have to lose, then I think you are being unrealistic.
    2. You say you wnat to aim for 55kg, which would force you out of the healthy range into being classed as underweight with a BMI of 16.9 (ynder the revised BMI calculations) and you wouldnt be far off being classed as severely underweight which is 16.5.

It begs the question why would you wnat to do something so unhealthy? If you still think its reasonable then id suggest you have a problem with body image and should get some assistance.
  • naomibashala
    Thanks for all your responses ❤️❤️❤️❤️xxx .... I'm currently 62.2kg right now and I want to be 55kg in two months..... I'm running 3 times a week and 30 minutes of cardio workout if I don't have any sports at school. I also want to be very fit. I'm doing it the healthy way, I promise guys. I won't be under weight.......
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    um
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    um

• naomibashala
    What?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Oh sorry I just saw this is an old thread. But still "um". Hope it's going well OP
  • naomibashala
    It's okay
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    It's okay

fit and healthy people don't aim to be underweight...but whatever floats your boat.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    From the looks of your stats, you are very fit, and doing the things to stay that way at your present weight.
  • naomibashala
    Thanks
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    You're aiming to be underweight. Why?
  • naomibashala
    Because I don't feel good at the way that I look.......
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited June 2015
    Being emaciated isn't going to make you feel better. You've got one of several things wrong.

1.) You don't actually know WHAT you look like. This is body dysmorphia. This means you see fat instead of thin even though you ARE thin.

2.) You want to look like a supermodel. But supermodels are A.) DANGEROUSLY THIN--as in, they ARE actually sick and B.) photoshopped to look even thinner. Not gonna happen without landing you in the hospital.

3.) You'd like a different body composition--meaning that you're a healthy weight, sure, but you know you're still quite pudgy. In this case, you need to lift weights and not lose weight. Lifting weights will make you smooth and sleek instead of pudgy. But you should keep your body fat above 15% regardless.

Now, I'm technically a healthy weight (though only this week was my navel circumference below the "danger zone".) I'm going to lose weight to move into a lower part of my healthy weight zone, and then I'm going to work on getting more muscle so that I don't look like a flabby mom anymore. :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Thanks for all your responses ❤️❤️❤️❤️xxx .... I'm currently 62.2kg right now and I want to be 55kg in two months..... I'm running 3 times a week and 30 minutes of cardio workout if I don't have any sports at school. I also want to be very fit. I'm doing it the healthy way, I promise guys. I won't be under weight.......

If you reach your goal weight, you WILL BE underweight.
  • naomibashala
    Good luck @MamaBirdBoss and thanks for the very nice long great message......
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Here is a woman who's a HEALTHY weight at your height. Are you saying she needs to lose weight? She's over 62kg!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-clean-eating-made-her-a-model.html