Anyone on Keppra and lost their appetite

Options
Since finding out I have a meningioma causing electrical activity in the brain and focal fits I was put on Keppra. Ive been on it for 5 weeks - 250mg am and pm and I was supposed to increase it but have been feeling quite lightheaded, dizzy and queasy resulting in loss of appetite. Have been using this to try to ensure I'm eating enough calories and have started drinking ginger tea which helps a bit. Anyone else with similar problem or any tips? Never realised how hard it is to eat when not hungry!

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've never taken it but my son took it for a while when he was about 7, due to a seizure disorder. What it did was change his personality - he threw a chair at his sister and he also got very angry/aggressive, which was totally unlike him. We got him off it as soon as we realized that it was the Keppra. I don't know about his appetite, but it certainly caused him to have a horrible temper! Please beware of that! The anger ceased when he stopped taking Keppra.
  • walbro
    walbro Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have heard of Keppra rage and also suicidal thoughts but so far so good as neither of these side affects have bothered me. Guess my loss of appetite may be the lesser of two evils! Hope your son is okay now. Thanks for reply x