How to stop binge eating

Options
So its been a while since i've had this problem. I gained almost 30 kgs in 3 years and for the last year i've been binge eating like crazy. Now it got to the pont where i'm really worried about my health. I'm 22 years old and i have problems breathing sometimes and i can't do hard efforts because i get really tired.
I binge everything even healthy food. I eat in my room and nobody notices anything but my family is getting worried too, becuase I was healthy 3 years ago, my weight was 60 kgs and now Im almost at 90 kgs.
Any advice? I need to stop but i cant :(

Replies

• governatorkp
    governatorkp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ElcQfPQ.jpg
  • winniethepooh751
    winniethepooh751 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Honestly, keeping a food diary and tracking all the calories you eat (while thinking about how many calories you'll have to burn to lose that weight) is what works best for me. Back when I used to do that all the time, I dropped my weight easily. As soon as I stopped, I started packing the weight back on. I just started back, and I totally understand the urge to eat everything in sight, but it takes a lot of willpower and focus to keep on track. Eat foods that take longer to chew, and before eating anything, ask yourself if you're hungry. If you are actually hungry, serve yourself one serving size and put the rest away and out of sight. If you aren't sure if you're hungry, drink a glass of water. I keep a filtered water bottle with me at all times so I never have an excuse for not drinking water.

Lastly, remember, you're only human, and it's ok if you mess up sometimes. Just be determined to keep moving after a setback or a binge. Don't wallow in one mistake because you can totally get yourself back on track.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Your bingeing sounds disordered, more than just run of the mill overeating. I'm a binger as well and you definitely should get professional help. Go see a therapist in the very least. Generally this type of bingeing is no longer about food and most of the tips and tricks you see about bingeing won't help (at least they didn't help me). It's more of an impulse control issue and needs to be addressed.

Also join the "binge eating disorder" group. They are not always active but I'm glad I joined. I went back far in the threads and it was nice to read through stories I could relate to. Also feel free to add me for support. Oh, and keep logging!! I try to even log my binges (or an estimate of the calories) and find I like having this data later. Good luck :)