Binge eaters want to support each other?

Any binge eaters want to support each other?

Any type of binge eater... compulsive, post-diet, obese, skinny, ED recovered / recovering, BED, for 20 years or 2, etc.

Replies

• StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    I sometimes binge eat, then hate myself after and I've no idea why I do it
  • JessiLynnFit
    JessiLynnFit Posts: 41 Member
    Are you heavy into fitness? I ask because of your profile picture. I started compulsively binge eating after a competition prep. If you're interested Google the book "Brain Over Binge" it taught me where the binge urges come from in your brain and a thinking technique to detach from it. I'm almost completely past it but still want to reach out to other people.
  • kbkat7
    kbkat7 Posts: 28 Member
    thanks for posting this! I'm trying to recover from bulimia so any help in regards to stopping the binges is greatly appreciated!! definetly will have to order the book :)
  • MayEleventh
    MayEleventh Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in the process of recovering from bulimia and would love to support others in any way that I can!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    There's a pretty active binge discussion thread up... might check that out, met some good ppl there. :) There's also a BED group among the group section.
  • JessiLynnFit
    There's a pretty active binge discussion thread up... might check that out, met some good ppl there. :) There's also a BED group among the group section.

Hey can you point me in the direction of the BED group ?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10116158/binge-eating-disorder-b-e-d/p7 (thread)

@JessiLynnFit
    Hi Jessi :)
    Sure I'll post the Group link as soon I can find it. :D

Unfortunately after MFP did an update in the Fall the group search feature was lost! :'(
    But I do know one of the Mods/Owners of the group and I'll check with them for the link.

I'll ping you on here again when I get the info :)
  • larsunrise16
    larsunrise16 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm the same way, but binge in food and exercise - what a crazy combo...
  • DucktasticallySlim
    DucktasticallySlim Posts: 11 Member
    I need support from people that understand binge eating. I made a whole batch of cookies for just me a minute ago. I had one and then threw the rest out. That was a big step for me because usually I would have eaten the whole batch in one sitting with three glasses of milk. I need support please add me. Thanks
  • JessiLynnFit
    @Hearts_2015 thank you ! @DucktasticallySlim I definitely relate on that one
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    Hey i love to support binge eater & bulimia :)
  • drmlswastleand
    drmlswastleand Posts: 1 Member
    Binge eater. :(