Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating more calories

Hi guys, this might sound like a silly question, but I honestly have no clue and would like to know. I've not been smart about my dieting, and have been eating a stupid low amount of calories (500 a day). Yea. I know.. I've finally realized that it was a bad decision, and am wondering if I'm going to gain the weight back (25lbs) that I've lost, when I up my calorie intake to where it should be because my system is so screwed up? I'm 5'2, weigh 149 lbs, and exercise for more than 60 mins 6 days a week. I just don't want to lose my progress that I've made. If I do, though, gain some back, will it be easier to shed?

Replies

• SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Figure out your TDEE. http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html It will probably be around 2200 calories. Subtract 500 calories from that. So, you will be eating around 1700. You should continue to lose weight and you won't mess up your metabolism.
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    You might gain a little back, but that's expected right? You have been seriously restricting your calories and your body is starving so don't freak out over a little gain. In the long run, your body and well being will be far better off once you have increased your intake. Find out your TDEE number, then take off 20% and you'll have a good number of calories to stick to.

Good luck!
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    If you continue to eat 500 calories a day, you're going to have some serious health issues. 60 minutes, 6 days a week is too much with the little calories you're eating. Do you not feel fatigued and worn out at all? I know I would.

Enter your goals, let MFP decide what your calorie intake is. If you think it might be a little high, drop it down a small bit. But please start eating more food! And no you're not going to gain 25lb from eating a healthy diet.