Foods/drinks you don't log

Options

Replies

• Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Coffee (black for me) and tea. Multivitamins. Balsamic vinegar, soy sauce or mustard - about 20 cal in a day for me of one or the other usually.

The reason I don't log all of the above is not because it's low calories - I will log for example a third of a teaspoon of honey :) but because they are low *and constant* for me calories - I will always get those few calories from these condiments and black coffee and that is not something I am willing to cut out.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Regular splenda does have carbs and there is an entry in the data base to account for it. I've switched to a liquid sucralose. No carbs in that, so extremely minimal calories from the actual sucralose. I don't log that.

I also don't log diet soda or small quantities of spices, or things like the single piece of popcorn I ate yesterday.

Oh... and sugar free gum. I know it has calories, but I figure you burn it off by chewing it.

I leave a buffer of at least 30 calories every day for all this little stuff anyway, so I figure I'm good.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea and coffee (both with skimmed milk but no sugar), but I'm very new to this and I'm still in the initial "woah, the weight is coming off faster than I thought it would!" phase. I will log these when I get nearer to my goal, or if my losses stall for a while.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    My cod liver oil pills because I was tired of getting the fat warning.
  • GwenieW
    GwenieW Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dear friends, stop drinking diet soda! It's a killer I'm sad to say. I drank it for, well, for all my life (I'm 60 now), and it has the exact opposite effect you'd expect. All "Light" products with aspertame are awful for your health, and why lose weight if you are going to be sick from it ... just saying. Also, switch to stevia (Truvia, etc.) or at the minimum Sucralose only, and quit the chemicals. I'm reformed, and I know it's hard because I had to stop my addiction too, but PLEASE consider your health along with your weight loss! Sorry for my preaching, but I suffered from that addiction and now am clean - drink naturally flavored, fizzy water (makes me think I'm drinking soda) with NO added anything, and I feel great. Now my addiction to potato chips, that's another thing entirely LOL!
  • Nicshtik
    Nicshtik Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't log unsweetened drinks: black coffee, black tea, unsweetened seltzer...if it has sucralose/similar in it, I do log it however. I also log anything sweetened (lemonade, gatorade, diet soda, etc)
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I don't often log coffee(I attempt to log it every day, but some times I just plain forget.) I am often under my calories and I try to stay under anyways to account for my errors :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Water, unsweetened tea, vitamins, the occasional dose of medicine, the jelly I lick off my finger while making a sandwich for dd
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    GwenieW wrote: »
    Dear friends, stop drinking diet soda! It's a killer I'm sad to say. I drank it for, well, for all my life (I'm 60 now), and it has the exact opposite effect you'd expect. All "Light" products with aspertame are awful for your health, and why lose weight if you are going to be sick from it ... just saying. Also, switch to stevia (Truvia, etc.) or at the minimum Sucralose only, and quit the chemicals. I'm reformed, and I know it's hard because I had to stop my addiction too, but PLEASE consider your health along with your weight loss! Sorry for my preaching, but I suffered from that addiction and now am clean - drink naturally flavored, fizzy water (makes me think I'm drinking soda) with NO added anything, and I feel great. Now my addiction to potato chips, that's another thing entirely LOL!

I've come through drug addition, went cold turkey from a pack a day smoking habit, and rarely drink alcohol anymore. To compare drinking diet sodas with those items is ridiculous. I will continue to have my can of coke zero every night with my dinner, tyvm.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    Tea
    Mio/Crystal Light
    Water
    Unsweetened sparkling water
    Diet soda
    Sometimes I forget to log cabbage or don't bother logging my lettuce
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    GwenieW wrote: »

Your off topic and false post contradicts itself. If diet soda is a killer that you've consumed all your life and lived to 60 ... it's not a killer.
  • heartsstarspll
    heartsstarspll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mostly just Diet Coke. Which apparently is going to kill me any day, even though my dad is 65 and drinks it and isn't dead. lol :lol: I did set my calorie goal higher than I typically eat, it's more a maximum goal, to allow for errors and anything that I didn't log.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Logging everything
    so also spices

Reason... i want to know how much potassium i get ( i eat salt less) And in spices there is potassium..a lot sometimes
    Other thing..i eat between 50 to 80 calories a day of spices..and other things that have just a couple of calories. Calculated it adds up..a lot
    50 calories a day is 350 a week! And this is only for some spices and herbs etc.

Everything except water and my tea get weighed out and logged.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I log it all.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Logging everything
    so also spices

Reason... i want to know how much potassium i get ( i eat salt less) And in spices there is potassium..a lot sometimes
    Other thing..i eat between 50 to 80 calories a day of spices..and other things that have just a couple of calories. Calculated it adds up..a lot
    50 calories a day is 350 a week! And this is only for some spices and herbs etc.

Everything except water and my tea get weighed out and logged.

I'm curious how you get 50 cals a day out of spices, and which ones. Most spices have something on the order of ~5 cals in a teaspoon. In a typical recipe I would use something like 1/8 - 1/2 tsp of a particular spice, and maybe 3-4 at most. So, even a heavily spiced preparation might add 1-3 cals in a serving.

• flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Mustard and hot sauce, which is semi-naughty because they have trivial calories but loads of salt. Like someone else said about cod liver oil -- I get tired of the daily salt warning. Water, water flavourings like Mio, herbs. Also I know I drink more coffee cream than I log, but I know by how much and leave a calorie buffer for small things. Officially I'm at 1200 but unofficially I don't quibble if I go closer to 1300.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Spices without salt, water, and plain green tea. Everything else is tracked. Sometimes I track my multi-vitamin, sometimes I don't. I don't track it for any reason other than to help me remember to take it every day.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    gum