I have posted this before and no replies ):

Options

June 6, 2015 6:30PM in General Diet and Weight Loss Help
Hi, I'm pretty new to MFP, 5'3 and 108 lbs- yes, not overweight, I know, but lately I put on a few pounds due to being inactive (mono sucks!) I'd like to be back to about 104 so my abs are as defined as they were before I got sick.

I eat about 1200-1500 all healthy cals and am losing. I am a senior at my ballet studio (18 years old) and dance about 7 hours a week and condition for about 4 hours. I am pretty active. My question is about a ballet and jazz summer intensive/audition next week. Last year I didn't count cals and I'm not sure how much I should eat to do my best but still lose (I want to look good in bra tops and tights). The audition is 4 days long. Day 1 and 4 are 10 hours of classes total, and days 2 and 3 are 6 hours total. Could someone with similar experiences give me an idea of how much I should eat? I have no idea how many calories all the exercise will burn, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you and sorry this was so long!
Heather

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    For a 4-day intensive, you should worry less about losing and more about fuelling your body adequately. With that many hours of dancing I'd aim for at least 2000 calories a day. Even if you overshoot and see a small gain afterwards, it won't make that much difference in the long run.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    For a 4-day intensive, you should worry less about losing and more about fuelling your body adequately. With that many hours of dancing I'd aim for at least 2000 calories a day. Even if you overshoot and see a small gain afterwards, it won't make that much difference in the long run.

Yep.
    It is an audition. Don't risk subpar performance by not eating enough. Keep yourself fueled for the audition, and go back to your regular cals after it is done and you are back to your regular schedule.
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    [quote=
    mirrim52 wrote: »

Yep.
    It is an audition. Don't risk subpar performance by not eating enough. Keep yourself fueled for the audition, and go back to your regular cals after it is done and you are back to your regular schedule.

Thanks! I do want to perform really well, so this is super helpful.
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    eat
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    jrodri0105 wrote: »
    eat

This