Favorite sandwich or wrap recipe ?? Help

Options
2»

Replies

• br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Pita with 4 ounces pork loin low cal Cole slaw salt pepper. Make a fire roasted cottage cheese dip and dip it.
  • hcglindsey
    hcglindsey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That sounds delish. What kind of bread or wrap ?
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Daves Blues Bread toasted, 1/2 avacado mashed with a tbsp greek yogurt and and salsa, cucumber, tomato, alfalfa sprouts, very thin slices of red bell pepper, and spinach. Yummy!
  • lesliezimmer
    lesliezimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    a wrap with hummus, wasabi mayo, spinach, red peppers, hard boiled egg, carrot, sprouts, cucumber
  • hcglindsey
    Options
    Fire r
    br3adman wrote: »
    Pita with 4 ounces pork loin low cal Cole slaw salt pepper. Make a fire roasted cottage cheese dip and dip it.

dip recipie ?
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    WRAP RECIPE: lay wholegrain wrap flat. put on a lot of tomato puree (60grams more less) and sprinkle oregano (a lot)

top with kale or spinach and mountain it up with mushrooms, red peppers, green peppers onions and whatever other veg you have on hand!!

pop in oven until base is a bit hard-ish or veggies look cooked and there you got your super healthy pizza :) less than 300 cals. (my wrap is 183 cals)

most tomato purees are pure tomato, no salt added.
  • hcglindsey
    Options
    Nice!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Chicken souvlaki wrap with tzatziki
  • AntiSocialyte
    AntiSocialyte Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Turkey on multigrain sourdough with onion, spinach, avocado, tomato, and garlic mustard.

Turkey, green apple and brie - I do this on a French roll and it's amazing.

Ham and cheddar on a pretzel roll with brown mustard

Wrap on a spinach tortilla with hummus, feta, spinach, tomato, and onion. Sometimes I'll add turkey, or chicken with a little bit of Frank's buffalo sauce.

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I found some spicy avocado hummus at Costco and I've been mixing that up with whatever meat I feel like and putting in wraps in the freezer. sometimes I add peppers or a little parmesan, but it's super quick and lots of flavor.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This week it's leftovers. I layered cheese first so the filling would not soften the wrap.

This Mediterranean Tuna salad is wonderful, and it incorporates my home-made hummus. Hubby never even noticed.

This Ethiopian Mesir Wat red lentil stew in a wrap. Thick, rich, and highly satisfying.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    hcglindsey wrote: »
    Do you mix anything to hold the tuna together?

Mayonnaise at our house.

We did have one family member who insisted on Miracle Whip (this meant making two batches of anything that included mayo). Then he somehow switched to regular mayo (I think finding out he was diabetic).

Over the last several months, one family member buys regular mayo--and I've been buying mayo made with olive oil. No complaints, and the OO mayo tastes quite good.

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My new favorite:

Take coleslaw mix, cucumbers, and red bell pepper and mix it with a sauce of peanut butter, coconut aminos (or soy sauce, I can't have soy), sesame oil, and a touch of honey. Put a good amount onto the tortilla or wrap. Add other vegetables such as mushroom, broccoli, eggplant, or what have you. Top with some chow mien noodles (if you want, it's good with or without. I like the added texture).

You can also add meat if you want a non vegetarian version. Chicken is really good but you should put some of the dressing on it to up the flavor.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Brie, roasted peppers and prosciutto sandwich
    Smoked salmon and alouette cheese (garlic and herbs) sandwich
    Smoked salmon, lettuce, goat cheese, beets (could be either I guess)
    Toasted mozzarella, basil, tomatoes and prosciutto sandwich
    Avocado, shrimp, peppers and spinach wrap
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Black forest ham with swiss cheese, light mayo and lettuce on an extra toasted English muffin!
  • sunjungyum4101
    sunjungyum4101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i really like turkey breast, tomato, spring mix, and swiss. i also love chicken breast, avocado, tomato, and spring mix. and also brie, green apple, turkey, and spring mix :blush:
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hummus, chicken or mature cheese, grilled zucchini and eggplant
    Muhammara and goat cheese
    Chicken, bell pepper, cucumber, mango or raisins, cashewnuts and curry mayo/yoghurt spread
    Goat cheese and strawberries
    Smoked salmon, fried egg and cream cheese
    Chicken and pesto
    Roast beef and horseradish mayo/yoghurt
    Fig jam, brie and turkey
    Cranberry sauce, brie, turkey and spinach
    Falafel, tzatziki and grilled veg