No More Pain After Years of Suffering

Options
I have taken to working out more. When I am at work I use the office gym on all of my breaks. I have been using the elliptical and the treadmill or I go outside and walk a mile on each break (3 per day). I have been noticing a huge difference in my legs, especially my thighs. They are sore as all get out but they are getting stronger. The biggest difference that I notice is that they are strong enough now to support my legs while going up and down the stairs and have eliminated all of the pain that I had in my left knee. That knee has been on constant pain when going up or down stairs for years and over the last few days I have not felt any! I am also not getting winded when I go up to my third floor apartment either.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!keep up the good work!
  • dorothy2512
    dorothy2512 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant news - I have improved in theme way, I have had osteo-arthritis for a few years now, and as I lost weight (I have lost 85lbs through counting calories and walking on treadmill) as I've lost weight, my pain has got less and less.
    Keep up the good work.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This thread is one of my favorites http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10052379/unexpected-results-of-weight-loss/p1
    - anytime you get frustrated or feel like you are not doing as well as you like and are tempted to give up and you need a reminder of the not so obvious benefits of losing weight and getting fitter/healthier, read a few pages of it - it will help you be more aware of the benefits you are experiencing even if the scale is not moving as fast as you would like.
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Must feel great! Good work!!!
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, epix! When I was in Weight Watchers, our leader told us to look for non-scale improvements. Yours is grand!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great! I know you feel good!
  • epixstudiosnh
    epixstudiosnh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have been trying not to focus on the scale numbers as much and focus on the fact that I am building muscles and am now able to fit into seats at arenas that I couldn't fit into before.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Great job! It must feel great to see your quality of life improving. You should post pics ;)
  • RedArmy1918
    RedArmy1918 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have been trying not to focus on the scale numbers as much

That is a great attitude to take :-)
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    <3
  • heartpie
    heartpie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cheers...!
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    :):) Yay that's amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!