any suggestions would be helpful

Options
amr32r
amr32r Posts: 245 Member
Im noticing the healthier i eat the more i have to eat to make my calorie goal for the day..i already struggle with eating as it is so its hard to make myself eat something when im not even hungry.my goal is 1200 calories and yesterday after adding my exercise for the day i got a message saying im not eating enough...ughhhh.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    By "healthier," what do you mean? If you struggle to meet your goal because you've eliminated calorie dense foods from your diet, add back some of the things that you eliminated. Or add some new calorie dense foods to your diet, ones that meet your definition of healthy.

• amr32r
    Options
    By healthier im referring to more veggies and fish and cutting out the fatty foods i was eating on a daily basis..thanks for your response ill have to try adding somethings back in
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Try some things like avocado and chickpeas. I have the same issue.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There's no need to cut out all fat
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Eat a cup of nuts or a bowl of oatmeal. That will knock your calories up fast...
  • amr32r
    Options

Trying to cut out saturated fat so i can work on my belly fat
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    amr32r wrote: »

You lose weight from a calorie deficit, not from eating low fat
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Belly fat will be burned through a calorie deficit, but if you want to avoid saturated fat, you can still have foods with unsaturated fat.
  • larryslittleinfinity
    Options
    Try to cut out most of your simple carbs, like grains and sugar. This will help your body function easier and help your metabolism to speed up. Also, if you're trying to work on your belly, this will help as a lot of stomach fat is water weight and bloating. Just a tip :)
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Try to cut out most of your simple carbs, like grains and sugar. This will help your body function easier and help your metabolism to speed up. Also, if you're trying to work on your belly, this will help as a lot of stomach fat is water weight and bloating. Just a tip :)

:huh:

Cutting out simple carbs doesn't speed up metabolism....
  • amr32r
    Options
    One more question ..do i need to eat back my calories that are subtracted for exercise..for example 1200 cal in -200 cal for exercise=1000 cal do i need to make up for that 200 calories for weight loss
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Also, peanut butter! But weigh it out on a food scale, don’t trust the “tablespoon” measure. Adding in foods you cut out is a great idea. No need to eliminate anything, just make it fit your calorie goal.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    One more question ..do i need to eat back my calories that are subtracted for exercise..for example 1200 cal in -200 cal for exercise=1000 cal do i need to make up for that 200 calories for weight loss

Yes.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

If you are going by the goal MFP set for you, then your goal is set pre-exercise and you should eat those calories back. One issue to be aware of is that calorie burn may be over-estimated. Many people eat 25-50% of their calories back for this reason.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

You've been told totally misinformed information.

Cutting out simple carbohydrates doesn't speed your metabolism up.
  • amr32r
    Options
    Thanks for your help everybody!!!
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Aim for balance - set realistic goals & respect how truly amazing the human body is. There is no perfect formula that works for everybody.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Metabolism is sped up by physical fitness and exercise, along with gaining some lean muscle. And stomach fat is still fat. It's reduced by calorie deficit, which when many people who cut out carbs and grains end up acheiving.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png