How to Log Movie Popcorn?

Options
2»

Replies

• likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that you are able to bring your own snacks...I come from a smaller german town, where they always searched our bags and jackets (even the front pouch of hoodies) for snacks and drinks. You were not allowed to bring it in and the were SUPER strikt and pissed if they found a chocolate bar in your backpack..
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    The only way I can eat popcorn is to throw it in the air and catch it in my mouth. I would log it as 3 calories per catch. Its a great way to keep score, too. It's a good thing I don't go to the movies I guess.

Maybe you don't go to the movies much as they banned you for making a mess ??? hehe

• JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing all your great answers and advice! And some funny ones, too! Must admit I'm not coordinated enough to throw and catch a single piece of popped corn in my mouth over & over again ;-). And also, just too nice to throw the popcorn on the floor ;-)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ...and if you tried that in the theatre, the people sitting behind you would be pissed. :)
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Hahahaha :D snickerscharlie! Too funny :)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This prompted me to look up the nutritional information at my local Odeon cinema and omg I didn't realise popcorn was so calorific! 800 calories for a medium sweet popcorn, 640 for medium salted popcorn. Thought it would be less than half of that. Luckily I very rarely eat cinema popcorn because it's so overpriced.
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Whoa vivmom! Looks like AMC serves way more caloric portions than listed on their website! Thx for sharing the link.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Just throw it on the floor like everyone else appears to do.

Zero calories.

SNORT!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    I'd imagine you can get pretty high in calories if you go with the theatres popcorn since the serving size is huge. I tend to steer clear because I don't enjoy it enough. Haha. Good luck.