Out of Habit - Can I follow one of your diets?

Options
Full4Life
Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
Hello!
Just wanted some help in getting started again. It's been a wild year! My life has changed so much! Biggest has been where I live - which is both further commuting and further from a park than I'm used to, and I also have a better paying job which has allowed me to experience the joy of impromptu restaurant meals, lazy afternoon beers, baked goods and specialty coffees whenever I want them and... Take Out! I swear, take out food will be the death of me.
Not only is this a waste of money (in my poor days, I might look longingly at those items, but I did JUST fine without them), but I've put on something more than 10 pounds.
At 5'2", 10 pounds means I am near busting out of my favorite summer clothes.
I don't want to waste more money than I already have by needing to buy a new wardrobe... Help!
So... I was just wondering if someone with a similar lifestyle might allow me to view their diary and allow me to follow them just to remember how to do it.

Just to clarify my activity level - I have a dog, I don't have a car, and I live in a large urban center. So, while my job is very sedentary, I usually end up walking between 1.5-2h per day during the week, then on the weekends I've been doing about 30-40 miles on bicycle (I hate to use the subway on the weekend!).

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Add some pals with the same calorie goal as yourself?
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Right. Good point, Tavistock Toad. I haven't changed anything, so the MFP default has set me at 1450 p/day pre-exercise cals, with a .5 pound/wk goal.

Anyone else with something like that?