Alcohol question

Options
How much do you drink in a day or weekly basis?

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    None! Six months free :) Obviously that's not for everyone but just a personal choice!
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I probably only have one drink a week... Maybe a glass of wine with a nice dinner or a cocktail when I'm out with friends... But alcohol was a pretty easy cut for me when I started counting calories.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    None! Six months free :) Obviously that's not for everyone but just a personal choice!

Same, I'm almost 8yrs without alcohol.
    It appears, that there's very little in life that I do in moderation.
    Except exercise
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Almost 3.5 years dry.
    it may be in items I've ordered out however
  • bronkeekong
    bronkeekong Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I quit 6 mo ago and that is when I saw my weight start to really drop.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    2-4 drinks per week probably.
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Except exercise

I love this.

I'm nearly 2 years into no boozing,initially not by choice though. A brain tumour made an appearance.

I'm now allowed to drink but I'm really happy to leave it. Never thought I'd ever say that - I was always the first to get the drinks in and the last to leave :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a drinker. Never have been. Like once every few months. However the past 2 (maybe 3) weeks have been the exception. I came across a bottle of Caramel Apple Wine and I've been drinking a little bit maybe every couple nights.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    3-4 drinks once a week, and still down 125 lbs.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I had two small vodka's and diet cokes at the weekend. The first drinks I've had in about 5 months. Usually I don't drink at all. It is probably once or twice a year that I have a drink and even then it is literally one small glass of 5% wine or as above a small vodka lol
  • simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Used 2 be evry Saturday night but now abt 2 or 3 sats out the month
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    None. Used to be a frequent drinker and decided to stop because I wanted a healthier life style. Don't miss it, and find I have more fun without it. Inadvertently, lost a lot of weight (that wasn't why I initially quit) and started sleeping better. Also unintentionally, I fill my time with better quality activities. This is just my experience - everyone's different.
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I probably get through a bottle of wine most weeks, over 2 or 3 days. Just a glass with my evening meal. Never get to drink on a night out as I'm always driving! :)
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I started making homebrew beer and wine just to learn how to do it. I treat it as a part of my nutrition, since I do not add chemicals to kill the yeast, to clarify, or preserve, I feel it is healthier than commercial bought. So I only have 1 or 2 8oz glasses a day, if I feel like it. Some days I don't have any, all depends on my taste and calorie budget.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have, probably the equivalent of 2 or 3 glasses of wine a day.

It's hard telling as most of mine is home brew and home ferment without a real accurate hydrometer to measure actual sugar before ferment and alcohol after.

Strawberries are in season right now, so there's 15 gallons fermenting out on the back porch.

I'll usually just log it as a commercial wine or cider to approximate... but I ain't giving up my alcohol for any diet, right?
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    MsBonfire wrote: »
    How much do you drink in a day or weekly basis?

I got into the naughty habit of drinking daily 'to relax'. When i started logging my calories here it became glaringly apparent that i may as well have been drinking sugar-water. Even Vodkas and slimline tonics were totting up the calories fast (im not the sort of girl to have just 1 single shot and leave it at that) so i stopped drinking, full-stop. I never thought id be able to, or want to, quit drinking but logging all those empty calories made me realize that alcohol was not more important to me than losing weight.
    Im not saying i'll never let another alcoholic drink pass my lips, but right now i've no desire to drink because a) i refuse to go over my daily calorie allowance for the sake of a little drink and b) im not prepared to go hungry (again) to fit the calories into my macros. Id rather get a buzz from seeing the scale go down than from the bottom of a bottle, but that's just me. For anyone who has the willpower to just stick to the one drink every now and then i guess it wouldnt hurt, but only if it fits in your cals, otherwise imo its just not worth it.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options

Except exercise

Love this! Ditto :)

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have maybe 2-3 glasses of wine a week. If I go to the bar for trivia night with friends, I will probably have one beer. I stayed away from alcohol, for the most part except special occasions like family holiday dinners, for over a year but I have been adding it in on workout days because I have so many exercise calories to eat back that I cannot eat even half of them. A glass of wine is a way to treat myself and eat back a few more calories.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have 2 or 3 drinks on the weekend. Just log it and keep within calorie budget.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have, probably the equivalent of 2 or 3 glasses of wine a day.

It's hard telling as most of mine is home brew and home ferment without a real accurate hydrometer to measure actual sugar before ferment and alcohol after.

Strawberries are in season right now, so there's 15 gallons fermenting out on the back porch.

I'll usually just log it as a commercial wine or cider to approximate... but I ain't giving up my alcohol for any diet, right?

Same here we brew beer and make wine, it's more than just drinking its an awesome hobby that I wouldn't give up. I found having a glass or two of wine any night I feel keeps me from binge drinking on weekends when we're taste testing with friends. It never stopped me from losing the weight, I gained a little back when we were dry over the winter more actually.... not that I think it was related.

If otherwise macros are met and nutrients are gotten in food I don't see the problem, I would just rather me a glass of merlot in my IIFYM than a bowl of ever so popular icecream.