I gained weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• HerkMeOff2
    HerkMeOff2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Why are you weighing yourself so much? You know that your weight can fluctuate +-5 pounds on any given day? Pick 1 day a week, 1 time a week, and even that don't let be the only measure of your success
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A period will make you gain. You need to wait longer than a week to see results.
  • laurenpthomas9510
    laurenpthomas9510 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A period will make you gain. You need to wait longer than a week to see results.

Been doing this for almost two months. Have only had myfitnesspal for like a week.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people refuse to use one of the many, free, "trendline generating" apps when it comes to weighing themselves.

Your weight goes up and down on a regular basis because of external "noise'. Hormones, salt, random sun-spots.

You should weigh yourself daily at about the same time, preferably in the morning, after you've used the bathroom, and before you've eaten or drank anything,

Then either automatically or manually INPUT THE NUMBER IN THE APP (or spreadsheet, or other magical trendline generating device).

Presto you cut through the crud and figure out whether you're really gaining or really losing weight!

And you avoid all the agony and drama!

www.weightgrapher.com
    Scooby's web site also has an excel spreadsheet you can use.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Period causes water retention for most. A 0.4 gain is not much at all ( like 1 cup of water literally ).
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You might not feel bloated, but you still might be. I don't feel bloated right now (my monthly visitor arrived yesterday) but I certainly looked bloated in the dress I wore today! I was going to weigh myself today as I haven't in a couple weeks now, but knew with my visitor here it was the wrong time to weigh myself. Once she's gone I will, first thing in the morning after I've gone to the bathroom.