If Followed does it work?????

Options
grlybabyr
grlybabyr Posts: 1 Member
I am new to My Fitness Pal. I hope everyone reaches the goals they set. Its hard. Does My Fitness Pal really work? any feed back is appreciated.I am serious about losing 25 lbs. so i am following my 1200 calories a day. sometimes a lil less

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes it works. I lost 160# on MFP and have been on maintenance for 19 months. If you eat less calories than you burn, you will lose weight. Log everything you eat and drink, move more, and be consistent. It Works!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I too can say the 1200 works (if followed).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If followed correctly (meaning accuracy in logging, including using a food scale if need be and eating back a portion of your exercise calories), yes it works.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I have been losing weight for a year and a half. I got the App few months ago. I didn't get on the forums until recently

A food scale and sticking to a calorie limit of healthy food worked well for me.

Getting App was awesome! It made it so much easier to keep up with everything.

The forums? One of the worst of all I belong to, including music forums! They are really pretty argumentative and full of contradictory opinions. There are quite a few people that seem more interested in winning an argument than answering questions. Take it with a grain of salt.

I look to Muscle Fitness website for better workout info

There are some cool people here to talk with and make friends.

Social forum with an awesome app.

Best wishes on your journey!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Yup, it works if you work it. Weigh and measure accurately, log faithfully, and don't be too hard on yourself if you stumble a couple of times, we all do.
    58841349.png