cook big hearty vegetable stews and eat with rice and cheese
    cook big hearty soups
    cook big hearty chicken / beef / lamb dishes

it's about calorie control

and stop making excuses cos you can do it
  • NinjaChinchillaNZ
    NinjaChinchillaNZ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to get a slow cooker this weekend so I can make soups and other warming meals at home. I don't eat beef, chicken or pork so that limits the selection of ready made soups at the supermarket. I'm looking forward to it already!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The meteorological seasons start on the first of the month in which that season starts and the astronomical seasons start on the actual date of the equinox or solstice.

Meteorological Versus Astronomical Summer—What’s the Difference?

I'll think warm thoughts for all the Southern Hemisphere people while I burn up here in this humid inferno.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had no idea that anyone used non-astronomical events to define seasons. It seems to me that those are astronomically based. It seems crazy to me, but given the things governments come up with, I guess it shouldn't.

Barring the random ice storm, exercising in the winter is often more pleasant here, anyway. The main difference seems to be whether I can't work my iPhone because my fingers are too stiff from the cold or too sweaty from the heat.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I didn't exercise outside in winter. I just did workout videos off of You Tube and dvd's.
    Soup is generally easy to make and reheats well. Slow cookers are great. Make awesome pizza at home.
    There are restaurants within sight and walking distance of my house. We only eat out once a week though. It is a pretty firm rule.
    Plan meals and stick with your plan.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Where the heck is it winter?

Seriously? Australia for one. And the rest of the southern hemisphere. lol.
    You might want to look at your calendar again. lol.
    You might want to sue the Texas public school system.
    The solstice is 6/21. I didn't know Australia uses a different definition of winter than the rest of the world, but the entire Southern Hemisphere certainly doesn't. It's fall in Ecuador, for example, as one would expect.

LOL. I just knew you were nitpicking again