What should I do after a major binge?

Options
2»

Replies

• csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Like people have said: tomorrow is a new day. Just get back on track and leave this incident behind you.

If you find yourself repeatedly having this issue, then just take some time to really figure out why it's happening so you can find ways to avoid it or to handle it in a way you feel will be better for you.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Log it all as best as you can and just move on. Harder said than done, but if you are not eating like this every day then you'll be ok.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Drink some extra water. Move on with life.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Any time I go overboard, I spend the next day drinking plenty of water and watching my sodium. I don't starve myself or work out so much harder that it feels like a punishment, but I do put in a little more effort. Just be good to yourself.

Be mindful the following day. Log it, and learn from it.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Top it off with some ice cream?

I retract my response and am now standing behind this one.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Just coming of a week long binge myself. One evening is nothing to worry about. Unless you are on a self imposed time frame for your weight loss, one evening won't even make a dent.

If you don't want to get discouraged wait a couple of days before you weigh so the "extra" food will be out of your system and won't give you a false gain.

I'm waiting about a week myself of being back on track before I *kitten* the damage of this last encounter with the reason I needed to lose weight in the first place.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Learn from it, log it, move on, dont fret and be a bit philosophical.