Im losing weight from all the wrong places.

Options
I am a pear shape female who has been losing inches in my neck, my arms, and my chest. The chest I would like to keep. I have been exercising and strength training combined. I would like to see inches come off from the hips and thighs. Anyone have suggestions for what I can do differently?

Replies

• jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    it always comes off the problem areas last :) keep going!

Exercise will help the hips and thighs - try Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred (on youtube) - some great squats and lunges on there that will certainly help! good luck!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Sorry. Genetics largely determines where you lose weight from and when in your journey. I swear my entire first 8 pounds came from my face! I have a nice looking back (imho), can see my ribs/chest bones, but still have stubborn fat clinging to my belly and hips. That's just life. Keep at strength training so most of your loss comes from fat and not muscle/LBM and be patient.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot direct where the weight will come off. I'm also pear shaped and lost a cup size on top (now a small A), my face and neck are very thin (no more double chin yay!) and my rib cage area is too thin now. My stomach and back are perfect now, but then you get down to the thigh area and I still have saddlebag flub ugh. Just how my body is and I've learned to accept it, for the most part :)
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was just having this thought process... well for the last few days anyways. Went "bra" shopping... and went from a DD to a C cup...... I wanted to cry! Of all the "big" things on my body..... I actually liked my boobs....
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Just keep at it and it will eventually come off!! My problem area is my belly and my back and that is the LAST place it comes off. I have also gone from a DD to a C cup...NOT happy about that but, hopefully when the rest of me catches up, it will be OK. :-) GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!