Anyone else annoyed by those "It Works" wraps being promoted by random people

Options
I’ve been overly curious about body wrap since it seems to be the new trend. I searched hours for scientific research on these products, and there is none. The FDA has not evaluated the claims of these products nor has any scientific research been done. There have been several quotes from medical professionals saying that there is no evidence to back them up. If people that exercise and eat healthy on a daily basis take extended periods of time and life long consistency to achieve a fit, lean, and healthy look, why would some random piece of who knows what wrapped around your body going to give you that? Like most good things, if you want it, you’re going to have to work for it. Healthy weight and fitness does not come in a package. If you must see for yourself, simply wrap some saran wrap around your body and sweat it out. Maybe you will lose a few inches, but rehydrate and your body will balance back. "There are no studies, nor any scientific basis, to think that body wraps might work for weight loss or cellulite reduction," - Caroline Apovian MD.

What is your guys view ?

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Obviously they don't work. I think anyone with a brain realizes that.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

What is your guys view ?

A little common sense
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if it's part of their marketing plan, but if it is they're botching the job horribly.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed by all the stuff that sells despite having zero (or negative) evidence of working. Diet pills, coconut oil, naturopathic remedies, water with memory, lemon water cleanses, magic powders and beans and snake oils... Why should this be any different?

• loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I’ve been overly curious about body wrap since it seems to be the new trend. I searched hours for scientific research on these products, and there is none. The FDA has not evaluated the claims of these products nor has any scientific research been done. There have been several quotes from medical professionals saying that there is no evidence to back them up. If people that exercise and eat healthy on a daily basis take extended periods of time and life long consistency to achieve a fit, lean, and healthy look, why would some random piece of who knows what wrapped around your body going to give you that? Like most good things, if you want it, you’re going to have to work for it. Healthy weight and fitness does not come in a package. If you must see for yourself, simply wrap some saran wrap around your body and sweat it out. Maybe you will lose a few inches, but rehydrate and your body will balance back. "There are no studies, nor any scientific basis, to think that body wraps might work for weight loss or cellulite reduction," - Caroline Apovian MD.

What is your guys view ?

I hate anything that people try to push on you. It Works! Wraps and Beach Body crap are the worst though. Who has money for all that stuff?! I get bombarded by people everyday on my Facebook trying to sell me that stuff.