15lbs..

Options
so I recently came with in the last 15 pounds I had to lose to be at my original goal weight but now that I'm finishing it so hard to stay on track. I'm losing motivation and my will power is shot. It is so frustrating to know I was so close and then gained 10 pounds. It makes me feel soooooo fat. Any tips on how I can get back into the swing of things?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've lost nearly 70 lbs... that's awesome! Well done.

How does it feel?

Imagine how you'll feel when you reach your goal.
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Orphia , Think about how you feel every time you get closer to that goal. now think about how you'll feel when you reach that goal.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Mandi98U wrote: »
    so I recently came with in the last 15 pounds I had to lose to be at my original goal weight but now that I'm finishing it so hard to stay on track. I'm losing motivation and my will power is shot. It is so frustrating to know I was so close and then gained 10 pounds. It makes me feel soooooo fat. Any tips on how I can get back into the swing of things?

focus on maintenance

what are your plans for maintaining

are you going to keep logging / exercising

you've done great .. but it won't end

as a previously overweight person you have to stay focused ...

• Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do plan to keep logging when I hit maintence I just figure i will get to eat more when I maintain
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I do plan to keep logging when I hit maintence I just figure i will get to eat more when I maintain

doesn't work out that much more

if you're at a 1/2 lb loss now it's a couple of slices of bread a day
  • Mandi98U
    Options
    That's depressing...
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    That's depressing...

it might be a shock to the system but you need to get your head round the fact that you need to change forever

because you don't want to have to do this again

so make your dieting a pathway to learning how to manage like this for life rather than once I get to goal my life will be marvellous and I'll suddenly have everything I ever wanted and be able to eat whatever I want

cos it's not true

soz
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    it might help if you think it's a jam doughnut a day though :bigsmile:
  • Mandi98U
    Options
    I know I just dream of being able to go to ice cream place with my family ordering a philly cheese steak wrap and getting an ice cream w
    And still be able to eat something during the day. The thought of having to count calories forever is overwhelming but the thought of getting huge again is devastating

• Sued0nim
    Options
    Don't know what a philly cheese steak is :)

But if it helps this weekend I went out to friends Saturday night and ate and drink happily, didn't log at all - just threw in 1500 calories for supper

Sunday woke up to bacon sandwich in bed, went for a long dog walk with family, ate ice cream in the sun, had an unplanned picnic in the park and still had supper and stayed under my calories

it actually works out because you average across the week and get to know what you can and can't do

I mean a year along I'm different from how I was but it doesn't feel bad or restrictive .. it just is
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I know I just dream of being able to go to ice cream place with my family ordering a philly cheese steak wrap and getting an ice cream w
    And still be able to eat something during the day. The thought of having to count calories forever is overwhelming but the thought of getting huge again is devastating

Counting calories is just one method of controlling your weight. Obviously, too many Philly cheese steak wraps and ice cream will result in weight gain, but it doesn't require counting calories to know that.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Don't know what a philly cheese steak is :)

But if it helps this weekend I went out to friends Saturday night and ate and drink happily, didn't log at all - just threw in 1500 calories for supper

Sunday woke up to bacon sandwich in bed, went for a long dog walk with family, ate ice cream in the sun, had an unplanned picnic in the park and still had supper and stayed under my calories

it actually works out because you average across the week and get to know what you can and can't do

I mean a year along I'm different from how I was but it doesn't feel bad or restrictive .. it just is

You're a very motivational person. What a great attitude. That's all