Pain in my foot

Options
I run a few times a week, work out with a PT once a week and kickbox once a week. I have a bad pain in the ball of my right foot which I think may be from running. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what did you do? I really don't want to give up the running as I am afraid once I stop I won't start back up.

Replies

• 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Could it be a neuroma? That's a pinched/inflamed nerve between the metatarsal bones in the forefoot. I've got them in both feet. It starts by feeling like a burning sensation, then becomes pain in the ball of the foot. It can be caused by shoes that aren't roomy enough in the forefoot. There are shoes inserts you can buy that have an extra ball of cushioning just behind the ball of the foot. It helps spread the bones to alleviate the pinching. I'd see a podiatrist or orthopedist. Till then, makes sure your shoes are roomy (running shoes should be a half to a whole size larger than your regular shoes) and maybe go to the Good Feet store for an insert. Good luck with it.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I run a few times a week, work out with a PT once a week and kickbox once a week. I have a bad pain in the ball of my right foot which I think may be from running. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what did you do? I really don't want to give up the running as I am afraid once I stop I won't start back up.
    I went and bought new shoes. Good shoes :happy: