Sorry, a bit personal but I need help...(more for the ladies)

Options
kmab1985
kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
Hi Ladies

I've always worked out in lycra leggings, quite tight fitted but the past few weeks and since upping my classes I've noticed that as soon as I start sweating my pants go really tight especially down below, feels like my body is drawn to the sweat and my skin can't breathe! and this has now caused me to get a bout of Thrush which I am currently treating at the moment...I always have a shower after exercise and also in my new gym in the Studio where most classes take place, theres no air con, they have these ceiling fans and I've noticed I sweat much more than normal!

What else could I wear to avoid this feeling and more bouts of thrush? I dont like shorts but just thought there maybe some exercise leggings that allow you to breathe!!

Replies

• vhamui
    vhamui Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should wear more sport clothes that are made of cotton. That will allow your skin to breathe easier. I use leggings and lycra since I like them and have no problem with it but Cotton is better for these kind of problems.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i swear I have no affiliations with our sponsors lol but I used to get this with running then I got some under armour shorts and it stopped. They are still the tight fit ones like lycra but they really breathe, so much more comfortable. Also Nike have the dri-fit range, I have some of their standard joggers and they stay comfortable too.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I wear mens jogging bottoms, they're looser than womens exercise clothes and I feel much more comfortable in them.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    When the weather is warm or plan an intense workout and expect to sweat a lot, I wear either running shorts, or cotton shorts/capris.
  • caskettfan
    caskettfan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wear men's gym shorts and haven't had any problems
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Also eat bio-live yoghurt.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I wear cotton yoga pants. The sweat wicking is great and I find them very comfortable. My husband prefers the UnderArmor.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this hits the same self-consciousness as shorts, but, have you considered running skorts? (Compression shorts for chafe prevention under a skirt)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i would try/buy different brands of clothing until you find the ones that work best for you....

i wear cotton legging/yoga pants. i have some that are lycra i think and theyre okay, but i generally prefer the cotton ones.

also, consider the sizing may not be right and you need a larger size, perhaps (nothing wrong with that, companies are terds when it comes to consistent womens sizing in clothes!)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Google "wick away moisture" clothes. Kohls has some "womens moisture wicking leggings pants."

Edit: I just read you live in England. Go to Decathlon, they have lots of great stuff.