Pigging out!

Options
I don't get it- why am I eating so much? I usually have great motivation/ restraint/ willpower, but lately I've been eating too-large portions, and succumbing to my sweet tooth much more!
I've lost 42 lbs over the past year (Yay!), feeling really good about that. So why in the hell am I behaving as if I want to blow it?? Ugh. I'm very happy to be alllmost down to single-digit sizes, but I'd like to take off at least 10 lbs more, and gain Much more lean muscle.
I work out regularly, but been slacking a little of late. Just returned from a little trip, where I ate whatever... 'vacation mode'. OK, but I told myself it's back to business when I got home. However, since home I've been dedicated allll day, but then I have a too- huge evening meal, followed by a seemingly endless indulgence in Anything sweet late at night!!!
Where has my self-control gone?? Why can't I just stop at 1 big ol' spoonful of chocolate peanut butter, etc??? Well, just 1 more, then another (well, it's kinda healthy vs a candy bar, right ? HA. Calorie and sugar-wise I would be better off having a Reese's etc! Ugh.
I don't know how to get back on track!!!

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You may have too great of a deficit and it's causing you to overeat. Maybe try adding a bit more food and/or eat more protein and fat for satiety.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    You may have too great of a deficit and it's causing you to overeat. Maybe try adding a bit more food and/or eat more protein and fat for satiety.

I'd have to agree. What you eat has so much to do with the ease of weight loss. If you just eat bad calories, you will find it harder because your body will be looking for more. Bring up your protein intake and keep at it.
    If you can't stop yourself, keep it out of the house. I can't not eat chips no matter how much I know they are horrible for me! so I don't buy them :/

• Marthy101
    Marthy101 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I really don't keep much junk in the house, though! Also, if I'm determined to gorge, I can be quite resourceful
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Like HealthyGreek said, make sure you're eating enough to keep you basically satisfied within reason. I don't know if this will help, but here's what I do to help with the temptations:
    • I give myself permission to have it tomorrow, after I budget for it in the rest of my calorie alotment for the day.
    (So I adjust what I'm eating the next day so I can fit it in.)
      • I pre-log it so I can see what it looks like before I actually eat it.
      So many times, I look at my diary after eating too much and go "Wow - did I actually do that?!" Pre-logging gives you a chance to preview that so you can be better informed about how much damage you're really doing.
      • I eat back half of my workout with a treat of my choice.
      Be careful with this though, as we all, by nature, tend to reward ourselves with more than what we earned (e.g. "I went for a 20 minute walk; I can totally eat that king-sized candy bar.")
      • Keep your treats out of sight, out of mind.

Like I said though - these are just little tidbits I've learned to help myself with said binging. Not sure if it'll help you.
    • Marthy101
      Marthy101 Posts: 60 Member
      Options
      Thanks! Good ideas. Also, now I wish I'd come up with a more creative screen name. My problem is Not hunger! Just craving! Late at night mostly. If I overeat late or in the middle of night, I count it on the next day!! But then I start off in hole! Grrr.