Sauna Rant...

Options
amg5157
amg5157 Posts: 52
Ok...I just have to rant about this because it is really really really bothering me. A sauna is suppose to be HOT. Why is it someone at my gym insist on turning it down! Not only do they turn it down, but they leave it down long after they are gone. Would it really hurt to turn it back up IF you do something soooo silly as to make it cooler.

Oh or...when I am already in there enjoying the HEAT, having someone come in and leave the door OPEN. That is just RUDE.

Ok... I have had my rant and I can move on...lol

Replies

• Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Let it out, sister. Don't let it fester.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Agreed. It's supposed to be quite hot. Can't take the heat? Get out of the sauna! My pet peeve is the gyms that don't allow water on the rocks...that's what a "real" sauna is all about!!!!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You're being a diva. Have a Snickers.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

I hope that was a joke because if not, it was quite uncalled for!
  • amg5157
    amg5157 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'll show you "Diva" Mr....lol :tongue:
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Some saunas are what they refer to as a dry sauna which means that water would cause some of the units to short out. I am not sure why a gym would put a dry sauna in as the moisture is what most people like.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

I'm sure it was a joke. Snickers has a commercial now w/ Aretha Franklin in the back of a car complaining, similar to the Betty White commercial when she's playing football, and the others in the car tell her to stop being a diva and have a Snickers.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I agree completely....walking into a luke warm sauna is at best annoying, and people who stand there with the door open should be smacked upside the head. What's worse is the place I go is more like a steam sauna anyway, since half the jerks don't dry off before getting in....oh yeah, out of the pool, into the sauna.....or out of the shower, into the sauna.....yeah leave puddles of water everywhere....lame
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

I'm sure it was a joke. Snickers has a commercial now w/ Aretha Franklin in the back of a car complaining, similar to the Betty White commercial when she's playing football, and the others in the car tell her to stop being a diva and have a Snickers.

HAHAHA I get it now! Thanks! I just came from reading a thread where it was insulting and rude and a big fight, so I came in here and read that and was like "WHAT is everyone's PROBLEM!?!?!?"

:flowerforyou:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE it was a joke. She's my buddy. :drinker: And yes, it was direct from the Snicker's commercial.
  • Nina74
    Options
    "Dry sauna". Does not compute with this Finn, regardless of how the stoves are made. :flowerforyou: The whole point is moist, hot air (but not so moist like a steam room) to open your pores and clean your skin, etc.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    "Dry sauna". Does not compute with this Finn, regardless of how the stoves are made. :flowerforyou: The whole point is moist, hot air (but not so moist like a steam room) to open your pores and clean your skin, etc.

I can get on board with this rant all the way. Saunas should be a HOT, damp heat! I am never really satisfied with saunas at health clubs or hotels. Especially not when I've had the real thing! (Okay, not actually in Finland, but it did include jumping through a hole in the ice afterward! Sooooo refreshing. I sleep like a baby after a real sauna.)
  • Nina74
    Options
    kaitlinj: If you jump through a hole in the ice, it makes you honorary Finn!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    kaitlinj: If you jump through a hole in the ice, it makes you honorary Finn!

Awesome! My dad is from Northern Minnesota. He's not a Finn himself, but the area is home to many people of Finnish descent and saunas have always been a part of my life.