I feel cheated!!!

Options
Just had some delicious British strawberries with fat free Greek yogurt. It was supposed to be a 200g serving. I weighed it out as you do... 180g! Furious. So basically I lost 20g because of the pot.

Just goes to show that we really should weigh every last morsel even if it's a pre measured serving!

Replies

• mnfarmgal
    mnfarmgal Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put all the calories in my diary.. I would use whatever percentage of the 200g it actually was and enter that.. 180 = x% of 200 - - looks like 90% if my math skills haven't failed me.. - - totally agree with weighing everything though!!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I only logged 180g don't worry. I'm more miffed that I wanted my extra 20g of yummy yogurt lol
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I only logged 180g don't worry. I'm more miffed that I wanted my extra 20g of yummy yogurt lol

lolzzzz

very true

And i stress everybody to weigh their foods here in the forum.
    Because of this very reason. Because a lot of times the grams is more and than you eat more than you think.

But yeah i would have wanted that 20gram too hehehe

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I keep experiencing this phenomenon with bread. I've learned to weigh it.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Another way to look at it is that errors on packaging go both ways. In this case, you're eating fewer calories than you would've logged, so if you also logged something that gave you more calories than you thought, the two would balance each other out. I see that as reason not to get too stressed over it.
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Lol, I must admit I was a bit surprised recently with a 500g pot of yoghurt - thought OK great, 100g a morning, this'll do breakfasts for 5 days - only the 5th portion turned out a measly 50g. *shakes fist at pot* :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Yup, happens all the time. Whenever I weigh prepackaged foods, they almost always come out weighing substantially lower...especially frozen dinners. I eat stouffers spaghetti and meatballs on occasion if I need something convenient. Most of the time the serving I actually get with one of those dinners is AT LEAST 20 grams less than it's suppose to be. I just had a panini and the same thing happened. About 15 grams less than a serving. I've only had things like this weigh more on rare occasions. More often than not it's less...we are getting shortchanged, lol.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you buy a 400g punnet of strawberries ...how much do the actual strawberries, without stalks, weigh do you think?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Another way to look at it is that errors on packaging go both ways. In this case, you're eating fewer calories than you would've logged, so if you also logged something that gave you more calories than you thought, the two would balance each other out. I see that as reason not to get too stressed over it.

Not always true
    When my husband and i eat the same food items ( only he eats more servings because he doesnt have to lose weight) Than it matters what i get.

And for @rabbitjb
    yes strawberries isnt much calories
    But a difference of 43 calories for a 1 serving of cheesecake ( which was 46gr and would be 210 calories according to the label, but it was 253 calories when i weighed it out) does matter. So yeah people who pack and squeeze their lettuce in a cup or spinach well up to them. I think its kinda funny behavior because you cant cheat your body it is the perfect calorie counter even when you dont want to count those calories.

I have the habit and learning myself to weigh everything it only takes a couple seconds more to weigh it. You were doing the other food anyway.
    For me it matters because my salt and potassium intake is very important ( for medical reasons) So i weigh everything....also my herbs and spices
    I learned it the meantime that my intake of all those "zero" foods like spices, cooking sprays, herbs and other foods that are under 4 calories so are not mentioned on the labels...cost me around 80 calories a day!

Add up some errors in serving sizes like my cheese cake last time 43 calorie difference and you have 123 calories that i didnt log. Take that to 7 days that is almost a 1000 calories!!!!

So yes it does matter to some of us...specially when your deficit is smaller and getting smaller or you have less to lose.

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If you buy a 400g punnet of strawberries ...how much do the actual strawberries, without stalks, weigh do you think?

Not enough! :lol: I bought a 1kg punnet recently. I bet most of that was the flipping box they came in. Humph
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Do the math out, and demand a refund for your $.03 worth of lost yogurt. Misleading advertising!