Frustrated with the scale

Options
Wanted to lose 20 pounds before my vacation June 18th. (35 pounds total). I lost weight steadily and my goal was in site and then . . . nothing. I have been sea sawing back and forth. Can't get past the 15 pound mark for two weeks now. I log in faithfully, exercise and my finance is doing it with me which makes it sooo much easier. Now if the scale would finally move. I've read about plateaus but it doesn't make it less frustrating.

Replies

• jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    are you training as well as eating good?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Just throwing random ideas out there, that are common causes:

1. Have you recalculated a new caloric goal now that you dropped 15 lbs?
    2. Have you become less particular about weighing/measuring foods and relying more on estimates?
    3. Have you changed exercise regimens recently?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    1. Targets , especially random ones can end ip undermining people. Was it realistic, is it important is it worth getting frustrated about?
    2. Learn patience its only been two weeks and weight loss is not linear.
    3. The see sawing may well be fluctuations, learn how they work so you cna see things in perspective.
    4. You are choosing to be frustrated, you dont really have to be until youve explored all the possibilities and quite normal reasons. normally when people stop losing its becayse the sum total of their efforts mean they are not at a consistent deficit. In that case people are asked to check their logging is accurate as well as their burns, then a check is made to see if the numbers should be a deficit. If its not that, then just patience and keep on doing the right things. You dont provide enough information. Are you weighing all your food with a scale?

ps a plateau is about 6 weeks+of non movement.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    2. Learn patience its only been two weeks and weight loss is not linear.

Yeah, I missed that's it's only been two weeks. That's common and is going to happen from time to time. Nothing to be alarmed about.
  • Celeste0568
    Celeste0568 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have recalculated a new caloric goal at the 10 pound mark. I exercise 5 or 6 days a week. Nordic Trak in the morning and 3 or 4 times a week we walk at night. (My development is exactly one mile.) My target of 20 pounds was realistic because it had me losing 1.5 pounds a week. (I actually lost 2 pounds per week until I hit that 15 pound mark). I seemed to slow down after I recalculated my caloric goal. And no I'm not weighting everything with a scale. But I haven't up to this point.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?