What is going on with my knees?!

Options
During my cross fit class today I noticed my knees starting to bother me. I then did lunges after class with 20lb dumbbells. When I came home they were still a little sore, but not a big deal. I looked down at my knees and there are burst blood vessels all over the knee cap and the right one is an instant bruise along with the blood vessels. I'll get a picture of it later. What happened? I thought my form was good, but I'm guessing it wasn't? I do the class Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. For the rest of this week should I take it easy or am I fine to keep going?

Replies

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor if this persists. Bruising is a sign of internal bleeding, which can be kind of a big deal - especially since exercise really isn't supposed to inherently cause it.

I know a lot of people who swear by Cross Fit, but it is sort of notorious for causing injuries the body has never experienced before (the most infamous of these is the theory behind Cross Fit's cause of Rhabdo). These odd stories are what keeps me from trying it. I'll stick to my regular cardio and weight circuit.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Oooouucch that does not sound okay at ALL. See your doctor right away.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    That's concerning. Maybe take a few days off & see if it clears up?