Newbie - Need some help :)

Options
Andrija993
Andrija993 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone..im new here and still havent figured out how all of this works. I can see that i can set my goal and then i have advice on how many calories to eat to reach that goal. I want to gain some weight, and i can see that i can add everything i eat and track my calories, and also i can count how much calories ive spent. But, i have a problem. It seams that only calories that are spent by cardio training are counted, and when i add strenght exercise training it doesent show how much calories ive spent? Why is that?

p.s. sorry if my english is bad, its not my mother tongue

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Short answer: You don't burn a significant amount of calories doing strength training. Not much more than what you burn for normal daily activity, which you account for by indicating if you are sedentary, lightly active, etc.

Longer answer: when doing cardio, you're burning more because you're moving multiple major muscle groups for an extended period of time. Strength training generally involves moving a specific muscle group for a certain # of reps, then moving on to another. It also has cycles of movement, stop, restart.