Has anyone become a less picky eater after counting calories?

Options
MeiannaLee
MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
Ive noticed that ever since I started my health and weightloss journey, Ive become less picky and I don't like wasting food.

For example, with apples I eat everything, I never throw away the core, I simple eat around it, then in the end I take the seeds out and eat the core as well lol.
And bananas, the brown tip of the banana? I eat that now as well.
Same goes with the white part of romaine lettuce xD

I dont know, maybe Im just poor and like to save everything lol. Thoughts?

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Nope... I weigh my apple, eat it, then weigh the core and add the difference. I don't eat garbage :)
  • Kman4evah
    Kman4evah Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie, that doesn't sound appetizing in the least haha. But different people have different tastes :smile:
    I have become a little less picky though.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Omg I guess I'm just a savage T_T
    Thats okay.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    No, if anything, it makes me more selective. Every bite of food that goes into my mouth has to taste like heaven, otherwise, I'm not wasting the calories on it.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Has not happened to me, thankfully :D
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No, if anything, it makes me more selective. Every bite of food that goes into my mouth has to taste like heaven, otherwise, I'm not wasting the calories on it.

I'm like this. But I also waste less now, I plan my meals and I buy and cook the amount I'm going to eat.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I was picky before MFP and am still a pcky eater. I'm very visual and the aesthetics of food are ilmportant to me. Also, if I don't like what the label says, I don't eat it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I actually feel I'm more adventurous with food. I'm always looking for new things that I might enjoy.

I also waste less. I find myself eating more leftovers now than ever before.
  • ellamaries
    ellamaries Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The exact same thing has happened to me!! I always eat the core of the apple now and mushy parts of the banana don't even phase me like they use to. I also eat all the way up to the rine of the watermelon... No white gets left behind!