Need healthy low calorie lunches at work

Options
does anyone have any low calorie lunch tips for packing my lunch? Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Do you have a refrigerator? Do you have a microwave?

Veggies with lunch....always. Start with veggies..... add protein.

I like cottage cheese & fruit, side of veggies. Today was a sandwich, side salad, and strawberries. Broth based soups are good. Make a crockpot of turkey chili (add lots of veggies) freeze lunch size bowls to nuke at work. I grill several portions of chicken breast (freeze portions in sandwich bags) to use in wraps and as salad toppers (so many things you can do here).

• jennifereck1027
    jennifereck1027 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you! Great ideas ... I'll have some yummy turkey chili baking in the crock pot this weekend ... Thanks again!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Glad or ZipLock steamer bags are great for cooking veggies at work. I can eat (fresh) green beans daily.....4 minutes...yum.

Tuna salad....add relish, celery, and light mayo. Egg salad....1 hard boiled egg and 1 had boiled egg white.....celery, light mayo, a bit of milk. Get some lower calorie bread (I like Sarah Lee 100% Whole Wheat).
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Egg salad....1 hard boiled egg and 1 had boiled egg white.....celery, light mayo, a bit of milk. Get some lower calorie bread (I like Sarah Lee 100% Whole Wheat).

You could also use lettuce leaves instead of bread. or be egg-salad-obsessed like me and eat it straight from the Tupperware with a fork. :smiley:
  • jennifereck1027
    jennifereck1027 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You guys are great - thanks so much for the ideas ...
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I crockpot a ton of chicken combined with a spice packet like butter chicken (though at lower ratios than the packet calls for) and divide it into equal containers.