Protein shakes and other supplements

Options
2»

Replies

• danielleraeburton2015
    Options
    Well... yeah I understand I don't need that amount of protein. Neither does she. BUT it's working because of the amount of exercise and lifting that I do! If you don't agree, that's ok. Everything should be adjusted to what each persons goal is. It's your own opinion and your own choice with your body and how you want to accomplish your goals. I have a very big goal I'm going for so that's the reason behind the high amount of protein I have in a given day. I've talked to a nutritionist and if it wasn't healthy and going towards my goal I wouldn't be doing it.

I started that about 3 weeks ago, and I've lost 6lbs sooo therefore it works( for me ). Plus I've also noticed quite a bit more muscle. My macro numbers are set for my goal for fat loss/muscle growth. Those numbers could be taken down a couple notches for the average person just looking to lose weight. But I also want the muscle. It all depends on the goal!
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I guess we all go overboard on something. For me it was sugar, but I use to drink protein shakes when I was lifting. Don't know if they did any good, but the chocolate ones tasted good!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    My macro numbers are set for my goal for fat loss/muscle growth.

As if you needed any further discrediting, that statement right there seals the deal that you should not be giving out advice of any sort.