Losing baby weight

MLB24
MLB24 Posts: 2 Member
I've been working out every day for the past 4 weeks to lose my baby weight from my third kid so far i started out the first 2 weeks and lost 7lbs and on my fourth week I gained 3 lbs and lost a total of 4-7" on my hips and stomach ... I'm gaining muscle and losing inches down 2 pant sizes

Replies

• BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Congrats. That's solid progress. Keep it going and watch it drop even more!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Congratulations, but unless you've started lifting for the very first time, you aren't gaining muscle.
  • BradW99
    Sure she could. Obviously not 3 pounds of muscle but there's nothing stopping her from building muscle. If she's lifting she's building.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    BradW99 wrote: »
    Sure she could. Obviously not 3 pounds of muscle but there's nothing stopping her from building muscle. If she's lifting she's building.

Not in a calorie deficit. Strengthening muscles, sure, but you have to have a calorie surplus to gain muscle.
  • BradW99
    edited June 2015
    She didn't say she was in a definite. It sounds like she's just working out. But you can lose fat and build muscle if you've only been lifting for a few years. Or in her case, a month or so.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/141/9/1626.short

I hope that link worked. It shows obese women dieted (deficit) lost fat and gained muscle at the same time while exercising and consuming protein. The title is "Increased consumption of dairy foods and protein during diet and exercise induced weight loss promotes fat loss and lean muscle gains in overweight and obese premenopausal women". If you search it in Google Scholar you can review the entire article. It's a common misconception though.