Fitbit-does it really help

Options
2»

Replies

• bretto_101
    bretto_101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    It's a tool. It works if you use it correctly. I've got a Fitbit and I love it. It has helped me keep track of my activity and I've found that the calorie count is pretty accurate. All in all, it's been a great helper in my loss so far, and I plan on continuing to use it even when I hit my goals.

Do you have to log your meals in fitbit or can you do it from this app and it will sync?
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You log it in MFP and it syncs with Fitbit. Don't try and log food in Fitbit, their food database is pretty awful, especially if you're not in the US...
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    A step counter is great if you want to keep track of how much you are moving, and using it as a tool to motivate you. Don't use a heart rate monitor for this, though. A HRM is only good for steady state cardio like running, elliptical, etc.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    My fitbit zip has been a great tool for me, when I get home from work a quick look at it and I can see how many steps/kilometers I have covered. Allows me to quickly add a few km walking or running to get in my minimum daily kilometers and steps. When I first started it was only 3km/day now at 6km/day averaged over week.
    It's pretty accurate I have 2 running circuits I use 5km and a 10km and that's pretty much what it shows when I have completed a run. One big downfall of the zip is the little Clip holder fails - the rubber insulation breaks off exposing the sharp edges of the metal frame. Wouldn't be such a big problem but none of the local vendors carry replacements.
  • RodHudson1229
    RodHudson1229 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like mine a great deal. I really enjoy the challenges with friends. Feel free to add me if you like. I calibrated and also told it that I wear it on dominate hand so it would be less sensistive. I would rather have it she a few less steps than more.
  • poissant23
    poissant23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments, finally made-up my mind and i'm going to buy the fitbit flex-motivation is the key for me :smiley:
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    motivational. I feel guilty if I don't move enough. Accuracy is another issue. I have a charge HR, it's not so bad except for the stairs. If I climb a hill or use an elevator, it counts it as stairs...
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. If you're looking to live a more active lifestyle overall, it seems like it could be very beneficial. I'm not, so it wouldn't do me any good. I don't need to know that much about myself.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bretto_101 wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    It's a tool. It works if you use it correctly. I've got a Fitbit and I love it. It has helped me keep track of my activity and I've found that the calorie count is pretty accurate. All in all, it's been a great helper in my loss so far, and I plan on continuing to use it even when I hit my goals.

Do you have to log your meals in fitbit or can you do it from this app and it will sync?
    It will sync once you set it up.
    I find my calorie burns to be quite accurate and am losing weight at the expected rate. I have a One and really like it. I prefer something that doesn't show so it works for me.