Calories

Options
how can I up my cals but by eating the right foods? I don't think I'm eating enough calories to loose!

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Aaand, here we go.
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    eat whatever you want/can afford/have time to cook that fits within your calorie requirements.

as long as you're not allergic or otherwise unable to eat a particular food, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' food.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Aaand, here we go.
    Heh, so true!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "right foods". You can eat whatever you want as long as it fits into your calorie goal for the day. Yes, even ice cream. Yes, even white rice. Yes, even a snickers bar. As long as its less than your calorie goal all foods are "right foods".
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "right foods". You can eat whatever you want as long as it fits into your calorie goal for the day. Yes, even ice cream. Yes, even white rice. Yes, even a snickers bar. As long as its less than your calorie goal all foods are "right foods".

This^

Food that are "right" for you are satiating and fit your macros. When you are under your goals....are you getting enough protein, enough fat?

I think about it like this - 80/20. 80% of the time, I try to make the best choices. If I eat well 80% of the time...that's still a big improvement. But, I know that I will not give up Snickers bars for the rest of my life (lifestyle change) ....so the other 20% of the time, I fit other foods into my calorie goals.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Wait. Did you say you need to up your calories in order to lose? Let me guess... someone told you that you're in Starvation Mode?
  • danielleraeburton2015
    Options

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That is a great question!

There is an entire career field dedicated to helping you eat the right foods.

Nutritionists can help you find a filling and nutritionally balanced way to eat for a healthy life.

The kind of foods you eat do matter for your health. The quantity matters for weight loss or weight gain.

Check out the Blog articles on the main forum. There are a few on limiting excess sugar calories and the benefits of doing so.

All foods do not have the same nutrient qualities. Calories are just one measurement of a food substance. It does not represent the nutrient profile. With good information you can eat within your calorie limit and have a balanced nutritional diet.

I have my dark chocolate snack every morning. It is 85% cocoa and actually good for my heart and yummy.

I'm sure you will find a fav healthy desert in the mix too.

• danielleraeburton2015
    Options
    That's nonsense. No offense.
    Eat lots of healthy foods. Yea sure have a little ice cream. (Like a scoop) but don't over due it. Everyone deserves a treat every now and then.. But if you add things like that to up your calories that's where people go wrong. You need to set meals, add its calories and if it's not enough change it up.
    If you really need help Google healthy macronutrients/micronutrients to find your extra calories.
    Like have eggs with some toast when you wake up. Lean Chicken/beef, rice/potatoes with veggies for lunch. And about the same for dinner.

rd2boyss9i4x.jpg
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Nutritionists can help you find a filling and nutritionally balanced way to eat for a healthy life.

The kind of foods you eat do matter for your health. The quantity matters for weight loss or weight gain.

Check out the Blog articles on the main forum. There are a few on limiting excess sugar calories and the benefits of doing so.

All foods do not have the same nutrient qualities. Calories are just one measurement of a food substance. It does not represent the nutrient profile. With good information you can eat within your calorie limit and have a balanced nutritional diet.

I have my dark chocolate snack every morning. It is 85% cocoa and actually good for my heart and yummy.

I'm sure you will find a fav healthy desert in the mix too.

This is excellent advice!

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    how can I up my cals but by eating the right foods? I don't think I'm eating enough calories to loose!
    Right foods? Stop eating with your left hand.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What is the "right" foods?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Fair advice, I'd say look for a Dietitian, not a Nutritionist. In most of the US, and many countries, anyone can call themselves a Nutritionist, while Dietitian actually requires a certain amount of schooling. Both can be quacks or not know what they're talking about, but Dietitian is less likely to be a problem.