updating weight and calorie counts...

Options
StacyJ8888
StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
Every time I lose a pound I update my weight and settings and every time I update my settings I lose 20 calories per day. I started at 1780..today I am down to 1640 ..does it stop doing that after a while? Are they trying to baby step me down to 1200 calories a day? is it just a quirk in the system? does it assume that I will eventually start exercising enough to bother logging to gain calories? With a 167 pounds to go at 20 calories a pound I am going to going negative before hitting goal....just curious, I come in under calories more than I meet or exceed them per day.

Replies

• marky1965
    marky1965 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You won't run out of calories. There is a minimum. If you put your goal weight in the calculator then that will give you those calories
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You probably have it set at 2 pounds per week..Eventually you won't be able to lose 2lbs per week because you would be going under the 1200 limit. It will never let you plan to go less.
  • StacyJ8888
    StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I figured it would stop at 1200, I just thought it was moving kind of fast considering how much I have to lose.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You really don't need to update your goal settings every time you lose one pound - MFP will remind you to update your goals after you record ten pounds lost. You can record your current weight through Check-In (Web version) or Progress (mobile apps) instead of through the update goal settings.
    Please see this article, and many other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1027450-how-do-i-record-my-weight-and-other-measurements-