keeping it off help!

Options
Hey everyone! I lost about 35 pounds using 21 day fix and i love 21 day.
I am having a problem maintaining. it's not the program i don't think, it's me.
I don't really want to work out every day and I am having a hard time avoiding eating "bad" things.
I gained only 3 pound since October, but it can easily crawl back into more if I am not careful. I have been gaining and losing roller coaster over the years.
I love eating and I have a hard time being consistent with working out.
Completely bored of working out 30 minutes a day at home. Trying to switch it up by doing body rock hiit 15 min workouts 5 days in the morning and adding walking running 3 times a week.
i just logged in my food today you can see it's not great. and for dinner planning spareribs, half a sweet potato and homemade coleslaw (yogurt/mayo dressing). All i want is ice cream and having a hard time saying no.

Replies

• FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Find an exercise you enjoy doing, eat whatever you want in moderation. There aren't any "bad" things in a balanced diet.

Good luck x
  • Stephiestephs
    Stephiestephs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    that's my problem, I "think" i'm eating things I love in moderation. I'm not shoveling cake cookies ice cream in my face every night. It's literally like little bites small servings on weekends. and I lightened up my workouts but never stopped. and I've gained weight. i feel like in order to maintain i have to be super strict and workout 6 days a week??!! i'm tired and bored of eating clean ALL the time
  • FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat perfectly fine all the time, or kill yourself at the gym. Make sure to log everything you eat, weigh all your solids (this includes fruit, don't log "medium apple" for example) and measure all your liquids. "One tablespoon" of peanut butter can turn out to be two tablespoons, so weigh everything. If you log accurately and stay at your maintenance calories you'll maintain your current weight.
    If you do workout, eat back half the calories since MFP tends to overestimate the calories burned.
    Don't worry too much if you ate a little extra today, as long as it all evens out in a weekly basis you'll maintain.
    Weigh yourself once a week, in the morning, naked or wearing the same clothes everytime you do, and if possible after going to the bathroom. Don't weigh yourself everyday or multiple times a day since your weight can and will fluctuate. That's ok.

And last but not least, don't stress too much since that will only make things worse. Do your best, find what works for you and learn from your mistakes. If after one or two weeks you've gained a little weight, adjust your goals, see what the problem was, and work on it. It isn't easy but you can do this :)
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1) Find out what your maintenance calories are by trial and error.
    2)Continue logging all of your foods - including your sweets (in moderation).
    3) ??????
    4) Profit
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    Thanks so much! I will try
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    I HATE weighing food lol. this is why I used 21 day fix to lose the weight the containers made it so easy
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    First of all - Congrats!

Did you learn how to eat nutritious rich foods in the 21 day fix? I think a lot of times the pitfall of all commercialized packaged diets is that it doesn't teach one how to eat in real life. The more particular the diet the harder the transition because despite what most thinks there is no finish line after reaching goal.

Some people are REALLY accurate in estimating portion size ... I'm not one of them so I religiously weigh everything. You need to assess your own skill set then do what will help with your goal to maintain.

As for snacks, I do not buy any of my temptations ... EVER! The addictive quality to those are real ... at least for me - the more I eat the more I want. The first 3 days of going cold turkey was reminiscent of rehab! LOL But after that I just don't "crave" junk any more.

And whatever snacks I do have in the house for the kiddos I stow out of sight in the cupboards so I don't constantly have to look at it. It's silly Jedi mind trick but it works for me.

I also have practiced a version of the 80/20 Rule & have maintained almost 2 years now. This built in guilt free indulgence approach has made a tremendous difference in keeping things in balance because you are spot-on in regards to no one can eat healthy and well 100% of the time.

Try this calculator to get an idea of what your baseline allotted daily calories should be in accordance to your activity level.

Best of luck to you!
  • heartpie
    heartpie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Most people who put the work into a weight loss plan get results. However, when you see that person a year later, they may have put the weight right back on.

Maybe that person has even been you one or two times. No matter who you are, losing weight is rarely as hard as keeping it off.

Keeping weight off requires more than a diet plan and exercise. In fact, when it gets right down to it, keeping weight off is often more about psychology and how you think, than it is about exercising (though regular workouts should still play a key role in your weight loss efforts). When your head is in the right place, your body often follows.

http://www.doctorshealthpress.com/weight-loss/tips-to-lose-weight-and-keep-it-off